Yahoo Data Breach Class Action Lawsuit
A mind-warping $117 million dollar settlement has been proposed in the class action lawsuit entitled In re: Yahoo Inc. Customer Data Security Breach Litigation.
You can file a claim by visiting www.yahoodatabreachsettlement.com.
The lawsuit is listed as case number 5:16-md-02752 and is under review in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
The settlement wraps up multiple data breaches lawsuits against Yahoo which affected billions of users.
Although Yahoo denies any actions of wrongdoing they have agreed to the massive settlement in order to avoid a further trial which could have stretched out for years.
Who should file a claim?
Consumers who used Yahoo services, including Yahoo Fantasy Sports, Yahoo Finance, Tumblr, and Flickr, between Jan. 1, 2012 and Dec. 31, 2016, and received notice that they had been affected by a data breach in 2016 or 2017.
YahooDataBreachSettlement.com Contact Information
- Phone: Yahoo Data Breach Settlement c/o Heffler Claims Group PO Box 1760 Philadelphia PA 19105-1760
- Phone Number US: 1-844-702-2788
- Israel Phone Number: 1-80-9344112
- Email: info@YahooDataBreachSettlement.com
Class Member Counsel (aka lawyers)
You will not have to hire a lawyer as the court has appointed the following attorneys to represent class members who file valid claims…
- John Yanchunis MORGAN & MORGAN COMPLEX LITIGATION GROUP
- Karen Hanson Riebel LOCKRIDGE GRINDAL NAUEN PLLP
- Stuart Davidson ROBINS GELLER RUDMAN & DOWD LLP
- Ariana Tadler TADLER LAW LLP
- Gayle Blatt CASEY GERRY SCHENK FRANCAVILLA BLATT & PENFIELD LLP
- Daniel Robinson ROBINSON CALCAGNIE INC
YahooDataBreachSettlement Claim Dates to Remember
- 07/20/2020: Deadline to file a claim
- 04/02/2020: Settlement fairness hearing
- 03/06/2020: Deadline to object or opt-out of the settlement
Is proof of purchase required when filing a claim?
Class members will want to provide as much proof as possible when filing a claim.
Proof of purchase can come in the form of account statement with unauthorized charges highlighted; receipt for hiring service to assist you in addressing identity theft, correspondence from financial institution declining to reimburse you for fraudulent charges; accountant bill for refiling tax return; receipts for credit monitoring; phone bills; detailed list of locations you traveled, etc.
If you do not qualify for this settlement please check out the following lawsuits…
- Listen Clear TCPA Settlement – File a claim to receive a slick of the 1.2 million dollar settlement
- Snack Settlement – Class members may claim $1 per product purchased