Premera Blue Cross Security Incident Class Action Settlement
A mind-boggling 74 million dollar settlement has been proposed in the class action lawsuit entitled In re: Premera Blue Cross Customer Data Security Breach Litigation.
To file a claim please visit www.premerasettlement.com and click on “submit claim”.
Class members have until 3/30/2020 to submit a claim form online or via US Mail.
The lawsuit is under review in the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon.
It should be noted Blue Cross denies any actions of wrongdoing but has agreed to settle in order to avoid further trial.
Who should file a claim?
“Legal resident of the United States whose Personal Information was stored on Premera’s computer network systems that was compromised in the Security Incident as publicly disclosed on [Mar. 17, 2015].”
- Mail: Premera Settlement Administrator c/o Epiq P.O. Box 3607 Portland, OR 97208-3607
- Phone: 1-877-202-7335
- Fax: Could not be found
Premera Blue Cross will be represented by Paul G. Karlsgodt by BAKER & HOSTETLER.
Collect More Money!
How much will class members receive?
Up to $10,400 per class member
- Consumer credit monitoring
- Out-of-pocket expenses (up to $10,000)
- Cash payment of $50 as an alternative to credit monitoring
- Up to 20 hours of time spent on dealing with the security incident at $20 per hour
- California Class Members can claim a supplemental cash payment of $50 in addition to credit monitoring
Most class members will want to take the $50 and get out of Dodge.
Do I need proof of purchase to file a claim?
A claim ID number, found on the settlement notice, is required for all claims.
If you do not have the claim ID please dial toll-free 1-877-202-7335.
Premera Blue Class Action Settlement Class Counsel
- Kim D. Stephens TOUSLEY BRAIN STEPHENS PLLC
- James Pizzirusso HAUSFELD LLP
- Tina Wolfson AHDOOT & WOLFSON PC
- Karen Hanson Reibel LOCKRIDGE GRINDAL & NAUEN PLLP
- Keith Dubanevich STOLL BERNE