A 7 million dollar settlement has been announced in the class action lawsuit entitled Prelipceanu v. Jumio Corp.,
Simply head on over to www.idbipasettlement.com to file a claim.
The case is pending in the Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois.
Class members do not have to hire a lawyer as they will be represented by Myles McGuire, Evan M. Meyers, David L. Gerbie, and Andrew T. Heldut from the law firm of MCGUIRE LAW PC.
The defense will be represented by Susan Fahringer, Debra R. Bernard, and Nicola Menaldo from the law firm of PERKINS COIE LLP.
- Mail: Prelipceanu v Jumio Corporation Settlement Administrator c/o KCC Class Action Services LLC PO Box 43172 Providence, RI 02940-3172
- Email: info@IDBIPASettlement.com
- Toll-Free: 1-866-524-0722
Who should file a claim?
“Individuals whose biometrics were collected, captured, purchased, or obtained by Jumio between Dec. 21, 2013 and Dec. 23, 2019.”
The deadline for exclusion and objection is Feb. 26, 2020. The final approval hearing for the settlement is scheduled for March 31, 2020.
File More Lawsuits?
- BambooSettlement.com: A mind-blowing 30 million dollar settlement has been announced in the class action lawsuit entitled Gold, et al. v. Lumber Liquidators Inc.,
- OasisEnergyTCPASettlement.com – Oasis Energy Ringless Voicemail Lawsuit: The Oasis Energy TCPA class action lawsuit is entitled Albrecht v. Oasis Power LLC d/b/a Oasis Energy and is under review in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
- yftcpasettlement.com: Class members contend that YouFit sent text messages to the Plaintiff’s wireless telephone number without prior express written consent.
You must be a legal resident of the United States in order to file a claim in any of the above lawsuits.
Who filed the lawsuit?
Plaintiff Alex Prelipceanu filed his Jumio class-action lawsuit in December 2018, alleging that he and other consumers had their biometrics collected, stored and sold by the company. He claimed that he and others had not consented to have their biometrics used by the company.