Dental Crown Settlement
- A 3.5 million dollar settlement has been proposed in the 3M Dental Crown Class Action Lawsuit
- Visit www.dentalcrownsettlement.com to file a claim
- Class members can pick $250 per debond or 100% reimbursement for out-of-pocket expenses
- Claim form deadline varies
Dentists complained that the 3M dental crown product was unbonding before its 10-year warranty.
3M Dental Crown Class Action Settlement Dates
- 9/4/2019: Settlement fairness hearing
- Class Members who wish to exclude themselves or object to the 3M dental crown settlement must do so by Aug. 14, 2019
- The initial claim period covers debonds that have already taken place, while the supplementary claim period covers debonds that may occur between May 11, 2019, and June 15, 2020
www.Dentalcrownsettlement.com Claim Deadline?
- 08/08/2019 for debonds repaired on or before May 10, 2019
- 09/15/2020 for debonds repaired between May 11, 2019, and June 15, 2020
Who is a class member?
“Class Members include dentists and dental practices who bought and applied 3M’s Lava Ultimate Restorative before June 15, 2015. The product must have fully or partially debonded prior to June 15, 2020.”
Please note you must also be a legal resident of the US.
According to settlement documents:
“Class Members include dentists and dental practices who bought and applied 3M’s Lava Ultimate Restorative before June 15, 2015. The product must have fully or partially debonded prior to June 15, 2020”
Proof of Purchase?
3M Dental Crown Settlement class members will have to provide the notice ID.
The notice ID can be found on the settlement letter.
Class members claiming out of pocket expenses will also have to provide proof of these expenses (i.e. receipts, tax documents).
The settlement, if approved by the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota, would provide $32,500,000 to pay (1) Class Members who submit eligible claims, (2) attorneys’ fees and expenses, (3) service awards to the Class Representatives, (4) notice and claims administration costs, and (5) taxes due on any interest earned on the Settlement Fund, if necessary.