Who is a Class Member?
- Anyone who purchased Honest brand multi surface cleaner (either the regular version or the concentrate version), Honest brand dish soap (any scent) and Honest brand laundry detergent between the dates of Jan. 17, 2012 through Aug. 2, 2017 is eligible to file a claim
- Like a lot of class action law suits, the total amount each person will get in the Honest brand class law suit depends on how many people file claims, and whether their claim is verified or unverified. Claimants can choose to get cash or to get settlement credits that can be used at Honest.com. Claimants who choose settlement credits will be get 1.5 times the dollar amount
Proof of Purchase
- Proof of purchase isn’t necessary to file a claim in the Honest class lawsuit, but unverified claimants only get to claim $50 worth of purchases. Claimants with proof get to file up to $200 per person, so it’s important to have your receipts. So if people plan on still using Honest products, it’s probably much more benificial to go with the credit amount, as it’s a good bit more
- 11/15/2017: Deadline to file a claim form either online or through the mail, to exclude yourself from the class action suit against Honest (which you would only do if you want to sue on your own) or to object to the suit if you think it shouldn’t be approved
- 12/15/2017: Date of the final fairness hearing in the Honest brand class action suit. Once the fairness hearing is finished and a judgement given, if approved, settlement checks will begin to be mailed out
SLS MDL Settlement Notes
- The Honest Company, Inc., SodiumLauryl Sulfate (SLS) Markeing & Sales Practices Litigation
- Case No. 16-ML-02719 AB (RAOx)
A new class action law suit claims that the Honest company unfairly and deceptively marketed their products like dish soap, multi surface cleaner, and laundry detergent as “sodium lauryl sulfate free” when the products actually had SLS. Honest denies the allegations against them, but has decided to settle out of court simply to avoid the hassle and cost of a court battle.
Anyone interested in joining the class action lawsuit against Honest does not need to do anything other than fill out a claim form – there’s nothing to pay and they do not need their own lawyers. Pearson, Simon & Warshaw, LLP and Freed Kanner London & Millen LLC will represent the class members, and their fee will come out of the class settlement fund. The lawyer’s fees are $417,500, so the class members will be paid the remainder of the settlement pool. The plaintiff representation will have a service award of up to $1,000 each.
- Mail: Honest SLS MDL Settlement, c/o Dahl Administration, PO Box 3614, Minneapolis, MN 55403-0614
- Phone: 1-866-791-2071
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org