Who is a Class Member
Class members of the Saar’s Super Saver Foods FACTA Receipt Settlement include all individuals “who used a personal credit card or debit card for a credit transaction at any Saar’s or Super Saver Foods stores during the period July 20, 2014 through July 18, 2016, and were provided an electronically printed receipt on which was printed the expiration date of your credit card or debit card.”
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlementsyou may be eligible for.
- Saar’s Gift Card Valued at up to $75
Proof of Purchase
- To qualify for payment, Settlement Class Members must complete and submit the online claim form, and provide proof in one of the following two ways:
- Upload a copy of the receipt that contains the expiration date of your credit or debit card and shows that you made a transaction from any Saar’s or Super Saver Foods store at any time during the Class period.
- Upload a copy of the credit or debit card statement showing that you made a credit transaction at any Saar’s or Super Saver Foods store at any time during the Class period. (Be sure to redact information contained in your credit or debit card statement to prevent it from showing things like your account numbers, your other purchases, etc.)
Saar’s Super Saver Foods FACTA Receipt Settlement Notes
- Albert Viesse, et al. v. Saar’s Inc., et al.
- Case No. 17-2-07783-6-SEA
- Pending in the King County Superior Court for the State of Washington
In 2016, plaintiff Albert Viesse alleged that specific Washington state Saar’s and Super Saver Foods stores willfully violated the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA) by printing the expiration date of his and other consumers’ credit credit and/or debit cards on their electronically printed customer receipts.
FACTA was enacted into law as an amendment to the Fair Credit Reporting Act in an effort to protect consumers from identity theft. The law has vert specific requirements for the ways consumer information can be shared. One of these is that retailers and merchants must truncate customer payment receipts so that the customer’s full account number is not viewable on the receipt. FACTA also stipulates that the customer’s card expiration date cannot be printed on the receipt.
Saar’s does not admit any violation of FACTA by agreeing to the proposed settlement.
Under the terms of the Saar’s FACTA Settlement, Saar’s will provide a Saar’s gift card in an amount up to $75.00 to each Class member who submits a valid and timely claim form. Thise gift cards will not expire and can only be used to make purchases from any of the Saar’s stores. Additionally, Saar’s will implement a written policy which will state that it will not print more than the last fice digits of the credit or debit card number nor the credit or debit card expiration date on any printed customer receipt.
The Frequently Asked Questions section on the settlement website further summarizes the terms of the settlement and how Class Members can file a claim. Complete details are provided in the Settlement Agreement. The Settlement Agreement and other related documents are available on the Saar’s Settlement website.
Class members who wish to opt out or object to the terms of the Saar’s FACTA Settlement must do so by January 12, 2018. Class members who wish to submit a claim for a gift card must do so by May 12, 2018.
- 5/12/18: Claim Form Deadline
- 1/12/18: Objection or Opt Out Deadline
- 2/23/18: Final Fairness Hearing at 9:00 am PT* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check www.SaarsSettlement.com to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: Saar’s Settlement, c/o JND Legal Administration, PO Box 91343, Seattle, WA 98111
- Phone: 1-844-877-5831
- Fax: 1-844-327-5615
- Email: SaarsSettlement@jndla.com
- Chant Yedalian of Chant & Co – A Professional Law Corporation