Who is a Class Member
Class members of the Rosa Mexicano Restaurants Wage & Hour Class Action Settlement includes anyone who worked as a server, server assistant, busser, runner, drink runner, coffee bar employee, cocktail server, bartender, service bartender, and/or barback at Rosa Mexicano restaurants in New York, Massachusetts, or Maryland during specific time periods listed below.
- New York – between April 7, 2010 and May 17, 2017
- Massachusetts – between April 7, 2013 and May 17, 2017
- Maryland – between April 7, 2013 and May 17, 2017
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlementsyou may be eligible for.
Settlement Class members who submit a valid claim will receive a payment calculated using the following point system:
- New York Class Members shall receive 1 point for every week worked in a Covered Position between April 7, 2010 through May 17, 2017.
- Massachusetts and Maryland Class Members shall receive 1 point for every week worked in a Covered Position between April 7, 2013 through May 17, 2017.
Each Class Member’s points in each Class will be divided by the total points for all Class Members in each of the above Classes then multiplied by the amount allocated for each of the above Classes to determine each Class Member’s settlement award.
Proof of Purchase
Rosa Mexicano Restaurants Wage & Hour Settlement Notes
- Suarez, et al. v. Rosa Mexicano Brands Inc., et al.
- Case No. 1:16-cv-05464 (GWG)
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
A group of six plaintiffs initiated this wage and hour class action lawsuit against Rosa Mexicano Restaurants alleging the company failed to pay its employees proper minimum wage and overtime pay.Rosa Mexicano is a chain eatery with locations throughout the United States. The lawsuit also claims that Rosa Mexicano Restaurants forced employees to share tips with employees that should not have received tips and violated state labor laws for Massachusetts, Maryland, and New York.
Rosa Mexicano denies each and every allegation and maintains their pay practices and wage records comply with the law. Complete details about the case and settlement are provided on the Rosa Mexicano Restaurants Settlement Website.
Class members who wish to object to or exclude themselves from the settlement must do so by March 9, 2018. Class members who wish to participate in the settlement must submit a claim form on or before March 9, 2018.
- 5/9/18: Claim Form Deadline
- 5/9/18: Objection or Exclusion Deadline
- 4/12/18: Final Hearing at 4:30 pm ET* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check the Rosa Mexicano Restaurants Settlement Website to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: Rosa Mexicano Settlement Claims Administrator c/o Arden Claims Service, LLC P.O. Box 1015 Port Washington, NY 11050
- Phone: 1-877-623-2703
- Fax: 1-516-944-1771
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org