Who is a Class Member
The Ambit Energy Electricity Rate Hike class action settlement provides monetary benefits for all Pennsylvania residents who were enrolled as an Ambit Energy customer on its Select Variable Plan at any time from January 1, 2011 through February 22, 2018.
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlementsyou may be eligible for.
Eligible claimants will receive a check reimbursing them for either 15% or 2% of all amounts paid to Ambit, depending on when the dates they were enrolled in Ambit’s Select Variable Energy Plan.
Proof of Purchase
- Claimants will need to provide the Claim Number from the notice they received.
Ambit Energy Electricity Rate Hike Settlement Notes
- Amy Silvis, et al. v. Ambit Northeast LLC
- Case No. 2:14-cv-05005-ER
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Plaintiff Amy Silvis initiated this class action lawsuit alleging that Ambit raised its customers’s electricity rates despite promoting lower rates in its Select Variable Plan. According to the Ambit Energy Electricity Rate Hike Class Action lawsuit, Ambit sales representatives reportedly led customers to believe that their electricity rates would only change due to “energy and capacity markets” in order to lure them to switch energy providers. Then Ambit allegedly used a “bait and switch” tactic, providing customers with ambiguously worded contracts and disclosure statements so that they could in turn jack up rates.
Ambit denies the allegations and contends it did nothing illegal, but agreed to settle the case for $9.3 million. Complete details about the case and settlement can be found on the Ambit Energy Electricity Rate Hike Settlement website.
The Ambit Energy Electricity Rate Hike class action settlement was granted preliminary approval on February 22, 2018. Class members who wish to exclude themselves or object to the settlement must do so by May 4, 2018. Class members who wish to receive a cash payment from the settlement must submit their claim form on or before May 4, 2018.
- 5/4/18: Claim Form Deadline
- 5/4/18: Objection or Exclusion Deadline
- 8/8/18: Final Hearing at 2:00 p.m. ET* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check the Ambit Energy Electricity Rate Hike Settlement website to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: Ambit PA Electricity Settlement, c/o Settlement Administrator, 1801 Market Street, Suite 660, Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Phone: 1-855-786-3979
- Email: Questions@PAelectricitysettlement.com