Who is a Class Member
- Class members of the Netflix (Lunar Mining) FLSA settlement include “all individuals who worked as Parking Production Assistants (PPAs) on television, digital, web, or film productions produced by Netflix (Lunar Mining) and filmed and taped in New York from Feb. 23, 2013 through Jan. 10, 2017.”
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of otheryou may be eligible for.
Final settlement payments will be a pro rata share of the actual net settlement and will be determined based on a number of factors, including:
- payroll records
- how many productions you worked on and for how long
- the number of PPAs who submit valid and timely claims
Proof of Purchase
Netflix (Lunar Mining) Parking Production Assistants FLSA Settlement Notes
- Muhammed, et al. v. Prodco Inc., et al.
- Case No. 1:16-cv-04133
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for Southern District of New York
Several class action lawsuits were filed against Netflix (Lunar Mining) by current and former Parking Production Assistants claiming they are owed compensations unpaid wages and overtime. Specifically, the Netflix class action lawsuits allege the company violated the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and New York Labor Law by not properly paying PPAs.
The FLSA protects workers by setting standards for minimum wage, overtime pay , record keeping, and youth labor. Under the FLSA, employers must give overtime pay to non-exempt employees who work over 40 hours per week.
Netflix (Lunar Mining) denies it violated any laws and maintains that it has acted in accordance with all federal and state labor laws but agreed to settle the lawsuits to avoid further litigation.
The settlement was granted preliminary approval on Sept. 21, 2017. Class members who wish to opt-out of the settlement must do so by Dec. 29, 2017. Class members who wish to submit a claim must do so by Dec. 29, 2017.
- 12/29/17: Claim Form Deadline
- 12/29/17: Opt-out Deadline
- 11/29/17: Objection Deadline
- 3/7/18: Final fairness hearing at 8:00 am ET (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
- Mail: In re: PPA Class Action with Netflix, KCC LLC, Settlement Administrator, PO Box 404017, Louisville, KY 40233-9817
- Phone: 1-888-300-1049
- Fax: 888-791-1282
- Email: info@NetflixPPASettlement.com
- Robert J. Valli Jr., Sara Wyn Kane, and James A. Vagnini of Valli Kane & Vagnini LLP