Who is a Class Member
- RMG TCPA Settlement class members are defined as anyone in the United States who received a pre-recorded telemarketing call between July of 2009 and March of 2014 that were initiated by RMG during which they were offered a free cruise with Carnival, Royal Caribbean and Norwegian cruise lines and the phone number is contained in the call records produced by RMG in this case
- According to the terms of the settlement class members can claim up to 3 calls at $300 a piece (which would be the class member could possibly receive up to $900)
Proof of Purchase
- Class members must provide their phone number or claim number (the RMG TCPA Settlement claim number can be found on class notices mailed to class members)
RMG TCPA Settlement Notes
- Philip Charvat v. Resort Marketing Group Inc., et al., Case No. 1:12-cv-05746
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Court documents: www.rmgtcpasettlement.com/Docs
A class action lawsuit has been filed against Carnival, Norwegian or Royal Caribbean claiming they violated the TCPA (Telephone Consumer Protection Act) when they made telemarketing phone calls without receiving the express written consent from the consumer. These calls were in relation to promotional calls from RMG offering the goods and services of Carnival, Royal and Norwegian.
The defendants denied any actions of wrong doing in the case but have agreed to a settlement fund of $7,000,000 and up to $12,500,000 in order to avoid the unknown cost of a trial.
RMG TCPA settlement class members do not have to hire an attorney as they will be represented by Matthew P. McCue, Alexander H. Burke, Daniel J. Marovitch, Edward A. Broderick, and Anthony Paronich. Carnival Cruise has called upon Jeffrey S. Becker to represent them while Royal Caribbean and Norwegian have hired Catherine J. MacIvor and Jeffrey Foreman.
- November 3, 2017: Claim filing deadline
- November 3, 2017: Exclusion deadline
- November 3, 2017: Objection deadline
- April 2, 2018: Settlement fairness hearing at 9:00 AM (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie)
- Mail: RMG TCPA Settlement Administrator, P.O. Box 404022, Louisville, KY 40233-4022
- Phone: (855) 636-6134