Who is a Class Member
Members of the Palisades Debt Collection Class Action Settlement include “all individuals against whom actions to collect AT&T Consumer Debts were brought in New York City Civil Court by Pressler & Pressler LLP, as counsel for Palisades Collection LLC and/or Asta Funding, Inc.,with the exception of individuals against whom Sold Judgments were entered.”
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlementsyou may be eligible for.
The amount each of these Class Members gets will be based on: how much money the Defendants collected from the Class Member and how many Class Members submit Claim Forms. You can see the exact plan for giving out the money here.
Proof of Purchase
Palisades Debt Collection Settlement Notes
- Mayfield, et al. v. Asta Funding Inc., et al.
- Case No. 1:14-cv-02591
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
A group of plaintiffs banded together to bring this class action lawsuit against Palisades Collection, Asta Funding, and Pressler & Pressler LLP, alleging illegal debt collection practices and violation of the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, and more.
Specifically the plaintiffs assert that each of the defendants improperly sued Class Members in New York City Civil Court to collect on AT&T Wireless debts, from around 2005 to 2007. These debt collection lawsuits were brought without evidence to prove Class Members even owed the debt, were not reviewed properly.
The complaint also states that Pressler & Pressler told the courts they notified the people they sued about the debt collection lawsuits, but never actually did so and filed court papers with false statements in order to obtain judgments in their favor. Additionally, the defendants reportedly used these wrongfully obtained judgments to garnish wages, freeze bank accounts, and persuade Class Members to pay them money.
All of the defendants deny the allegations and maintain their debt collection practices are in line with the law. Complete details are provided in the Settlement Agreement. The Settlement Agreement and other related documents are available on the Palisades Debt Collection Settlement website.
Class members who wish to exclude themselves or object to the terms of the Palisades Debt Collection Settlement must do so by April 3, 2018. Class members who wish to submit a claim must do so by April 3, 2018. (Please note, the Objection, Exclusion and Claim Submission Deadline has been extended from March 20, 2018 to April 3, 2018.)
- 4/3/18: Claim Form Deadline
- 4/3/18: Objection or Exclusion Deadline
- 4/10/18: Final Hearing at 1:30 pm PT* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check www.PalisadesPresslerSettlement.com to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: Mayfield Class Action Settlement, c/o RG/2 Claims Administration LLC, P.O. Box 59479, Philadelphia, PA 19102-9479
- Phone: 1-866-742-4955
- Fax: 215-827-5551
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meaghan Christina Gragg, Shannon Frank Green, and Diane E. Lifton of Huges Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Jane Greengold Stevens, Julia Grossman Russell, and Danielle Feldman Tarantolo of New York Legal Assistance Group