Who is a Class Member
- Class members in the Hertz Parking Violation class action lawsuit are defined as anyone in the United States who were charged an administrative fee (also known as a handling fee) in regards to a parking ticket issued for the rental vehicle, paid that administrative or handling fee, paid the parking ticket on time, and did not receive any refund or adjustment for the administrative or handling fee between the dates of April 1, 2008 and April 30, 2017
- $20: class members who provide documentation that they paid their parking ticket on time
- $10: class members who do not provide such documentation but whose claims are still determined to be valid
Proof of Purchase
- Class members need to provide documentation showing they paid their fee on time when filing a claim (i.e. cancelled check, bank statement, credit card receipt, credit card statement, etc)
- Class members who are not able to provide proof must provide statement showing that they made an effort to obtain it from the city, county, or jurisdiction who issued the ticket, but were unsuccessful (this statement may come in the form of the name and telephone number the class member spoke with at the issuing authority office)
Pauley v. Hertz Global Holdings Inc., et al.,
Class members contend that Hertz improperly charged its renters administrative or handling fees for parking violations. Hertz denies any actions of wrong doing but has agreed to create a 2 million dollar settlement fund in order to avoid further litigation. Plaintiff James Pauley original filed this class action lawsuit back in November of 2013 when to his surprise Hertz charged him an administrative fee even though he paid the parking ticket of on time. Mr. Pauley claims that Hertz violated its own rental agreement.
- 11/30/17: CLAIM FORM DEADLINE
- 11/1/17: EXCLUSION DEADLINE
- 11/1/17: OBJECTION DEADLINE
- 11/16/17: FINAL APPROVAL HEARING AT 9:00 A.M.
- Mail: HERTZ PARKING VIOLATION FEE SETTLEMENT, c/o Dahl Administration, PO Box 3614, Minneapolis, MN 55403-0614
- Phone: 1-866-238-8360
- Email: info@HertzParkingViolationFeeSettlement.com