- Several hundreds dollars or more (class members who file timely claims will receive a reimbursement for up to 11 months that they overpaid rent)
Proof of Purchase
- Simply complete a claim form
Who is a Class Member?
- Class members are defined as anyone who was a voucher participant under the HACLA Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program (“HCVP”) (also known as “Voucher Participant”) beginning April 2, 2004, and paid a higher rent to your landlord than you otherwise would have paid if not for the reduced subsidy in effect during the period from July 1, 2005 through April 30, 2007
- Claim form deadline: 12/6/17
- Settlement fairness hearing: 1/29/18 (luckly class members do not need to attend this bothersome fairness hearing unless they have some sort of urge to make a statement in regards to the settlement terms)
- Object to the settlement terms: 11/29/17
Nozzi v. Housing Authority of the City of Los Angeles, et al.,
- Case No. 2:07-cv-00380-PA-FFM
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- Claims Administrator: JND Class Action Administration
This class action lawsuit revovles around claims that the Housing Authority of the City of Los Angeles reduced the amount of voucher payment standards without giving adequate advanced notice to Section 8 tenants which is in violation of federal and state law (according to the class members). Those who were a HACLA Section 8 tenant between June 1, 2005 and Sept. 30, 2006 will want to file a claim in this class action lawsuit in hopes of getting a pay day. The U.S. District Court for the Central District of California has approved a settlement amount ranging between $9 million to $9.4 million dollars payable by check. Class members do not have to hire a lawyer as the court has appointed Barrett S. Litt, Anne Richardson, and Stephanie Carroll. The class members attorney’s will ask for 30% of the total available settlement fund.
- Mail: Nozzi v. HACLA Settlement Administrationc/o JND Class Action AdministrationP.O. Box 7028Broomfield, CO 80021
- Phone: 1-888-268-5894
- Email: HACLAClassAction@jndla.com