Who is a Class Member
You are included in the Landmark Credit Union Overdraft Fees class action settlement if you incurred one or more overdraft fees on your Landmark Credit Union account between February 9, 2011 and February 28, 2017.
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlementsyou may be eligible for.
Payouts will be divided among all Class Members based on the amount of Eligible Overdraft Fees they paid and the number of valid claims submitted.
Proof of Purchase
- A Claim Form is not available online and Notices have been mailed to eligible Class Members. Some Class Members will need to submit a Claim Form and some will not, depending on the specific nature of your Landmark Credit Union account. If you believe you should be included in the Landmark Credit Union Overdraft Fees settlement and have not received your Claim Form, please contact the Settlement Administrator.
Landmark Credit Union Overdraft Fees Settlement Notes
- Danell Behrens v. Landmark Credit Union
- Case No. 3:17-cv-00101
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
Plaintiff Danell Behrens filed this class action lawsuit against Landmark Credit Union over allegations the credit union did not properly opt members into its overdraft program for ATM and debit card payment transactions. Behrens also contends that Landmark Credit Union improperly assessed overdraft fees when members had money in the ledger balance but not the available balances of their checking accounts.
While Landmark Credit Union says it did charge overdraft fees, it asserts that it did so properly and in accordance with their terms and within in the law, and was transparent in disclosing their overdraft practices with members. Complete details about the case and settlement are provided on the Landmark Credit Union Overdraft Fees settlement website.
Class members who wish to exclude themselves from the Landmark Credit Union Overdraft Fees settlement must do so by August 15, 2018. Class members who wish to participate in the settlement must submit a claim form on or before August 15, 2018. Class Members who wish to object to the terms of the settlement, must do so by August 24, 2018.
- 8/15/18: Claim Form Deadline
- 8/15/18: Exclusion Deadline
- 8/24/18: Objection Deadline
- 8/30/18: Final Hearing at 9:00 am CST* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check www.LandmarkCreditUnionOverdraftFeesSettlement.com to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: Behrens v Landmark Credit Union, C/O GCG, P.O. Box 10600, Dublin, Ohio 43017-9202
- Richard D. McCune and Jae (Eddie) K. Kim of McCune Wright Alevaro LLP
- Taras Kick of The Kick Law Firm APC