Who is a Class Member
- Any retired employees formerly employed by the Hamilton Township Board of Education or any of its Board members who retired prior to July 1, 2011.
- Members of the Hamilton Township Education Association who were contracted to receive prescription drug copayments by the School Employees’ Health Benefits Program and $500 per year
- Members of the Hamilton Township School Secretaries Association who were contracted to receive prescription drug copayments by the School Employees’ Health Benefits Program and $500 per year
Preliminary Settlement Approval Granted
- $17,000,000, plus $4,000,000 representing past due payments.
Proof Of Purchase
- 10/24/17 – Objection claims can be filed through counsel
- 10/24/17 – Exclusion from settlement can be requested by mail or
- 12/18/17 – Final Approval Hearing
Joan Gray, et al v. Board of Education of the Township of Hamilton, Mercer County Case No. MER-L-747-14
Joan Gray, et al v. Board of Education of the Township of Hamilton, Mercer County focuses on breached promises to pay for prescription drug to retirees of the Hamilton Township Board of Education and its subsequent board members. In some instances, payments to class members were also abruptly stopped. In the case’s conclusion, entities have agreed to settle and reimburse all payments including past due payments. The Settlement, however, does not cover liability to any party therein.
Class Counsel: Richard A. Friedman, Esq. Zazzali, Fagella, Nowak, Kleinbaum & Friedman, P.C
Defense Counsel: Patrick F. Carrigg, Esq. Lenox, Socey, Formidoni, Giordano, Cooley, Lang & Casey, LLC
Contact Information: Website: http://www.hamiltonretirees.com/ Mailing address: Clerk of the Superior Court Mercer County Courthouse P.O. Box 8068 Trenton, NJ 08650-0068
Class Counsel: 609-392-8172
Defense Counsel: 609 896-2000