Who is a Class Member
Anyone who was or is an owner/lessee of a 2012-2016 Ford Focus or a 2011-2016 Ford Fiesta equipped with a PowerShift Automatic Transmission.
*Anyone currently involved with lawsuits with Ford is ineligible unless they dismiss their case prior to final judgement.
Ford has agreed to reimburse any expenses in connection to the notice program. Class members with a minimum three Software Flashes are eligible for cash payments of at least $50, but without excess of $600. Members who received multiple transmission hardware replacements may receive either cash payments or discount certificate following this schedule:
- Third replacement: $200 cash/$400 discount
- Fourth replacement: $275 cash/$550 discount
- Fifth replacement: $350 cash/$700 discount
- Sixth replacement: $425 cash/$850 discount
- Seventh replacement: $500 cash/$1000 discount
- Eighth replacement: $575 cash/$1150 discount
Additional claims may be made for breach of warranties and replacement clutches, but not in pairing with other cash distributions. Total payments shall not exceed $8,856,000.
Proof of Purchase
Class members must submit supporting documents for their case respective to the type of claim being made.
07/14/2017: Notice filed.
09/05/2017: Personal objection deadline.
09/05/2017: Individual exclusion deadline.
10/02/2017: Fairness hearing.
10/18/2017: Final approval hearing.
- Vargas v. Ford Motor Co.
- Case No. 2:12-cv-08388-AB-FFM
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
Class members of the consolidated Vargas v. Ford Motor Co. in the Ford PowerShift class action lawsuit have contentions that Ford is liable for problems surrounging the PowerShift Dual-Clutch Automatic Transmission. The lawsuit consists of three different filings aggregated into one overarching suit. In return for Ford settling despite denial to all allegations, the plaintiffs and qualifying class members agree to yield any present or future suits against the defense.
Ford has agreed to reimburse all case notice fees, administrative expenses and cash distributions to class members for the above-mentioned issues. Individual cash receipt is capped based on filing category. Involved members have extensive class counsel available:
- Jordan L.Lurie (Capstone Law APC)
- Tarek H. Zohdy (Capstone Law APC)
- Cody R. Padgett (Capstone Law APC)
- Karen L. Wallace (Capstone Law APC)
- Russell D. Paul (Berger & Montague, P.C.)
- Thomas A. Zimmerman, Jr. (Zimmerman Law Offices, P.C.)
Ford Transmission Settlement
c/0 Kurtzman Carson Consultants
PO Box 404000
Louisville, KY 40233-4000