Who is a Class Member
The Clarient class action settlement includes “all individuals who have previously obtained services from a Clarient laboratory and who received a past-due or final notice invoice for such services at a California address, which invoice was issued from February 13, 2016 through March 17, 2017, where the placement of the past-due or final notice language on the invoice, coupled with the use of an envelope with a transparent window, may have revealed the subject matter of the letter’s contents from the outside.”
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlements you may be eligible for.
Class members who submit valid and timely Claim Forms can receive a pro rata (equal) share of the settlement, once attorneys’ fees, court costs, and plaintiff service awards have been paid.
Proof of Purchase
- If you do not submit a Request for Opt Out, you will automatically be paid benefits under this Settlement approximately 120 days after the Final Approval Hearing, which is scheduled to take place on January 10, 2019, so long as the Settlement is approved at that hearing and no appeals are filed.
Clarient Lab Services Past Due Notices Settlement Notes
- Weinberg v. Clarient Inc., et al.
- Case No. 56-2017-00494914-CU-NP-VTA
- Pending in the Superior Court of the State of California, County of Ventura
In April 2017, plaintiff Leonard Weinberg filed this class action lawsuit against Clarient, alleging the company mailed certain invoices for laboratory services in such a way that language reflecting the past-due or final notice status of the invoice was visible through a transparent window on the mailing envelopes. This is reportedly in violation the Rosenthal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
Clarient disputes the allegations in the Lawsuit and denies that it is or may be liable for any of the claims asserted. However, the company agreed to settle the case for $237,500. The Clarient Settlement was granted preliminary approval on August 10, 2018. Complete details about the case and settlement are provided on the Clarient settlement website.
Class members who wish to exclude themselves from the Clarient settlement must do so by November 12, 2018; those who wish to object to the terms of the settlement must do so by December 11, 2018. Class members who wish to participate in the settlement do not need to do anything.
- N/A Claim Form Deadline
- 11/12/18: Exclusion/Opt-Out Deadline
- 12/11/18: Objection Deadline
- 1/10/19: Final Hearing at 8:30 am PT* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check www.ClarientSettlement.com to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: Clarient Settlement Administrator, c/o KCC Class Action Services, P.O. Box 404000, Louisville KY 40233-4000
- Phone: 1-844-848-1251
- Todd M. Friedman and Adrian R. Bacon of Law Offices of Todd M. Friedman PC