Who is a Class Member
Class members of the Tribe App Text Message TCPA Class Action Settlement “includes all persons who received (i) one or more text message (ii) sent by or on behalf of Defendant (iii) without a user of the Tribe App. manually selecting that Person’s name through the Tribe App. and (iv) that contained a link to download the Tribe App. between April 10, 2013, and December 4, 2017.”
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlementsyou may be eligible for.
- Up to $500 per text message
Settlement Class members who submit a valid claim will receive a pro rata share of the settlement fund, up to $500.00 a text message.
Proof of Purchase
- Claimants will need to provide the cell phone number to which they received a qualifying text message from Tribe App.
Tribe App Text Message Settlement Notes
- Rattner v. Tribe App, Inc., Case No. 17-cv-21344-UU
- Horsley v. Tribe App, Inc., Case No. 1:17-cv-23111-JLK
- Both pending in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Plaintiffs Alexander Rattner and Kenneth Horsely sued Tribe App for allegedly sending unsolicited text messages to consumers’ cell phones to promote its mobile application. Placing text messages for the purposes of telemarketing without the recipients prior express consent is a violation of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act. The Tribe App is a differentiated over-the-top (OTT) online video service.
In Rattner’s case, he claims that over a period of three days in April 2017 he received numerous unsolicited text messages from Tribe App that were reportedly sent via an autodialer, encouraging him to click on a link to the company’s website. Horsely’s complaint details a similar experience. These telemarketing text messages had no opt out option either.
Tribe denies each and every allegation of wrongdoing, liability, and damages. Complete details about the case and settlement are provided on the Tribe App Text Message settlement website.
The Tribe App Text Message class action settlement was granted preliminary approval on December 4, 2017. Class members who wish to object to or exclude themselves from the settlement must do so by April 3, 2018. Class members who wish to participate in the settlement must submit a claim form on or before April 3, 2018.
- 4/3/18: Claim Form Deadline
- 4/3/18: Objection or Exclusion Deadline
- 4/27/18: Final Hearing at 9:30 am PT* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check www.ARKHTCPAClassActionSettlement.com to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: Tribe Settlement Administrator, c/o Epiq Systems Inc., P.O. Box 3560, Portland, OR 97208-3560
- Phone: 1-844-420-6492