Who is a Class Member
You are a member of the Lenny & Larry’s Cookie class action settlement if you are a”United States resident consumer who purchased one or more of Lenny & Larry’s The Complete Cookie or other Lenny & Larry’s Baked Goods Products at a retail establishment or online any time up to Final Settlement Approval, currently scheduled to be March 19, 2019.”
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlements you may be eligible for.
- Up to $50
Class members who submit a timely and valid Claim Form with proof of purchase can choose:
- Cash: A cash distribution not exceeding the greater of (i) the amount reflected by your proof of purchase up to $50.00 or (ii) $20.00; or
- Product: Free The Complete Cookies with a retail value of up to $30.00, including shipping charges and applicable costs.
If you do not have proof of purchase you receive a cash payout of $10 or a free Complete Cookies product with a retail value of up to $15.00, including shipping and applicable costs.
Only one claim is allowed per household.
Proof of Purchase
- If you would like to receive a larger payout as indicated above, you will need to provide proof of purchase.
Lenny & Larry’s Cookie Settlement Notes
- Cowen v. Lenny & Larry’s Inc.
- Case No. 1:17-cv-01530
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, Eastern Division
In February, 2017, plaintiff Lori Cowen and four other named plaintiffs filed this class action lawsuit against Lenny & Larry’s alleging the packaging for The Complete Cookie inaccurately stated its nutritional value and content, specifically the amount of protein the cookies contained.
Lenny & Larry’s distributes high-protein baked goods, namely The Complete Cookie in eleven different flavors and two different sizes: 2 oz and 4 oz.
Cowen asserts that Lenny & Larry’s drastically overstates the amount of protein in their The Complete Cookie product. Specifically, that the product only contains between 4-9 grams of protein instead of the 16 grams of protein indicated and claimed on the packaging.
“Defendant’s labeling is false and deceptive in a number of respects. As a preliminary matter, Defendant’s labels grossly inflate the actual protein content of the Product,” the complaint states. In fact, according to testing conducts by the plaintiff’s counsel, it was determined that The Complete Cookie only contained 4-9 grams of protein per 4 oz. cookie and not the 16 grams claimed by Lenny & Larry’s.
“In short, Defendant is marketing a high protein cookie that simply doesn’t deliver on the promised protein content.”
Lenny & Larry’s denies these claims and maintains that it acted in accordance with all laws. Complete details about the case and settlement are provided on the Lenny & Larry’s Cookie settlement website.
Class members who wish to object to or exclude themselves from the Lenny & Larry’s Cookie settlement must do so by January 29, 2019. Class members who wish to participate in the settlement must submit a claim form on or before January 29, 2019.
- 1/29/18: Claim Form Deadline
- 1/29/18: Objection or Exclusion Deadline
- 3/19/19: Final Hearing at 10:00 am CT* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check the settlement website at www.LLCookieSettlement.com to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: Lenny & Larry’s, Claims Administrator, P.O. Box 6727, Portland, OR 97228-6727
- Phone: 1-877-214-4234
- Edward A. Wallace of Wexler Wallace LLP
- Nick Suciu III of Barbat Mansour Suciu & Tomina PLLC
- Steven Wasserman of Wasserman Law Group