Who is a Class Member
The TransPerfect Data Breach class action lawsuit includes “all current and former TransPerfect employees in the United States whose Form W-2 data and/or payroll information was compromised as a result of the [January 2017] Data Breach.”
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlementsyou may be eligible for.
- Experian’s Credit Plus 3-Bureau Plan & up to $4,000
Settlement Class Members can elect to receive coverage under Experian’s Credit Plus 3-Bureau plan for a three-year period. Additionally, eligible Settlement Class Members may submit one or more claims for reimbursement for documented economic costs related to the TransPerfect Data Breach up to $4,000.00.
Proof of Purchase
- You will need to submit supporting documentation detailing the costs you incurred as a result of the TransPerfect data breach.
For Identity Theft Protection:
For Reimbursement of Out-of-Pocket Costs Related to the Data breach:
TransPerfect Data Breach Settlement Notes
- Sackin, et al. v. TransPerfect Global Inc.
- Case No.1:17-cv-1469-LGS
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
This class action lawsuit and subsequent settlement stems from allegations that around January 17, 2017, TransPerfect experienced a massive data breach resulting in the disclosure of its current and former employees’ Form W-2 data and payroll information to cyber criminals.
Hackers posing as TransPerfect’s co-CEO Elizabeth Elting sent an email requesting 2015 W-2 form tax information and payroll information for the period ending in January 2015. The cyber-criminals requested names, direct deposit bank account numbers, routing numbers, and Social Security numbers for some thousands of current and past employees. In addition, a certain number of active employees were asked to provide payroll information for the period ended on Jan. 13, 2017, including name and direct deposit bank account numbers, routing numbers and social security numbers.
TransPerfect maintains that it had meritorious defenses and did not cut corners in protecting its employees against a phishing attack. Complete details about the case and settlement are provided on the TransPerfect Data Breach settlement website.
Class members who wish to object to or exclude themselves from the TransPerfect Data Breach settlement must do so by September 17, 2018. Class members who wish to participate in the settlement must submit an Identity Theft Protection Election claim form by December 5, 2018 and/or a Reimbursement claim form by February 10, 2021.
- 12/5/18: Identity Theft Protection Election Form Deadline
- 2/10/21: Reimbursement Claim Form Deadline
- 9/17/18: Objection or Exclusion Deadline
- 9/27/18: Final Hearing at 10:30 am ET* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check www.TransPerfectSettlement.com to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: TransPerfect Settlement, c/o Angeion Group, 1801 Market Street, Suite 660, Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Phone: 1-844-824-5797
- Email: TransPerfectSettlement@AdministratorClassAction.com