Who is a Class Member
- Non-Direct Purchaser Subclass: All persons who purchased Covered Products in the United States, its territories, or at any United States military facility or exchange from a source other than My Pillow, Inc. during the time period April 26, 2012 to October 13, 2016.
- Direct Purchaser Subclass: All persons who purchased Covered Products in the United States and its territories or at any United States military facility or exchange directly from Defendant My Pillow, Inc. during the time period April 26, 2012 through September 25, 2017.
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other open class action settlements you may be eligible for.
- Up to $24.
Under the terms of the MyPillow BOGO Settlement, direct purchaser subclass members can file a claim for $6 per MyPillow they purchased, up to four MyPillow products. Class members who submit timely and valid claims can receive one of the following three cash payments, whichever is higher:
- $6 for those who purchased one or more Covered Products directly from My Pillow, Inc.
- $6 per pillow (maximum of two pillows) for those who acquired two Covered Products pursuant to a buy one get one free (BOGO) offer.
- $6 per pillow (maximum of four pillows) for those who acquired four or more Covered Products pursuant to a BOGO offer as part of their initial purchase from My Pillow, Inc.
- Direct Purchaser Class members who submitted a timely and complete claim form for the initial settlement will receive an additional $5 benefit.
Proof of Purchase
Note: If you previously filed a claim for the Amari v. My Pillow Inc. class action settlement, you do not need to file a new claim to be eligible for compensation.
MyPillow BOGO Settlement Notes
- Armin Amiri, et al. v. My Pillow Inc.
- Case No. CIVDS1606479
- Pending in San Bernardino County Superior Court of the State of California
The plaintiffs in this class action lawsuit called into question the appropriateness of the marketing, packaging, and sale of MyPillow products, including health claims, buy one get one free (BOGO) and other sales promotions, pricing, and the use of third party endorsements and logo.
The court granted preliminary approval to the MyPillow BOGO class action settlement in Sept. 2017, which extends the Claim Form deadline and incorporates claims brought by several other similar class action lawsuits.
MyPillow denies the allegations but has agreed to the settlement to avoid the time and expense of going to trial.
Class members who wish to exclude themselves or opt-out of the settlement must do so by Jan. 23, 2018. Class members who wish to submit a claim for must do so by Jan. 23, 2018.
- 1/23/18: Claim filing deadline
- NOTE: If you previously filed a claim for the Amari v. My Pillow Inc. class action settlement, you do not need to file a new claim to be eligible for compensation.
- 1/23/18: Opt out or exclusion deadline
- 1/23/18: Objection deadline
- 2/26/18: Final fairness hearing at 8:30 am PST (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
- Mail: My Pillow Settlement c/o Digital Settlement Group, PO Box 1561, West Palm Beach, FL 33402
- Phone: 1-877-395-8158
- Email: info@PillowBOGOSettlement.com
3 thoughts on “Claim Up To $24 MyPillow BOGO Class Action Settlement”
Anybody who makes a claim against my pillow must be really hard up, only to get $6.00
I have have my pillowes and they have done everything that was advertised!
Dont be stupid and cause this company
Any grief, they have a great product!
I have told several people about my pillow and they have purchased the my pillow, and everybody has said its the best pillow they have ever had and are very pleased.
trying to obtain a claim form
Where is my settlement =and how do I claim my rebate for the settlement