Who is a Class Member
The American Airlines Baggage Fee class action settlement provides benefits for all “residents of the United States (including the fifty states, the District of Columbia, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico) who traveled on American Airlines at any time between July 13, 2013 and June 7, 2018 and were charged a checked bag fee inconsistently with statements in American’s Baggage Policy that passengers may check one or more bags for no additional charge, excluding oversized and overweight checked bags, specialty items, and sports equipment.”
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlementsyou may be eligible for.
- $18.75 – $200.00 plus interest
Class members who submit a valid and timely claim can receive a cash refund between $18.75 and $200 along with interest for all incorrectly charged Baggage fees.
Proof of Purchase
American Airlines Baggage Fee Settlement Notes
- Max Bazerman v. American Airlines Inc.
- Case No.1:17-cv-11297-WGY
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
In January 2017, plaintiff Max Bazerman filed this class action lawsuit against American Airlines alleging she and other travelers were incorrectly charged baggage fees. According to the class action lawsuit, American Airlines promises its customers that they can check a certain number of bags at no additional charge depending on their route, seat, and frequent flyer status. However, Bazerman says that American Airlines did not honor this promise and charged customers to check one or more bags.
American Airlines denies the allegations in the case. Complete details about the case and settlement are provided on the American Airlines Baggage Fee settlement website.
Class members who wish to object to or exclude themselves from the American Airlines Baggage Fee settlement must do so by December 3, 2018. Class members who wish to participate in the settlement must submit a claim form on or before October 19, 2018.
- 10/19/18: Claim Form Deadline
- 12/3/18: Objection or Exclusion Deadline
- 12/17/18 Final Hearing at 2:00 pm ET* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check www.AABaggageFeesSettlement.com to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: American Airlines Baggage Fee Settlement, c/o Angeion Group, PO Box 30478, Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Phone: 1-877-450-8798
- Email: AABaggageFeeSettlement@AdministratorClassAction.com
- Linda M. Dardarian, Byron Goldstein, and Raymond Wendell of Goldstein Borgen Dardarian & Ho
- Benjamin Edelman of The Law Offices of Benjamin Edelman