Who is a Class Member
- If you received a call from a DISH retailer selling DISH subscriptions between May 11, 2010 and August 1, 2011 AND your telephone number was on the national DO Not Call Registry, then you may benefit from this class action settlement.
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of otheryou may be eligible for.
- The potential maximum payment amount for each call is $1,200.00. The court may reduce that amount by a percentage to cover attorney’s fees and costs.
Note: Currently, DISH has the right to appeal the jury’s verdict, and appeals can take months to resolve. Be sure to check the website periodically for updates on the status on when you will receive your portion of the settlement. Because DISH has the right to appeal the verdict, no person is guaranteed payment.
Proof of Purchase
- If your phone number is one of the 18, 066 telephone numbers that received a telemarketing call from DISH during the applicable period, then you are eligible to receive payment. You can see if your telephone number is one of the 18,066 by going to the Telephone Lookup Form and entering your telephone number.
DISH Telemarketing Class Action Notes
- Krakauer v. Dish Network LLC
- Case No. 1:14-cv-00333
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
In 2014, lead plaintiff Thomas Krakauer filed the DISH TCPA class action lawsuit, alleging he was repeatedly called by an authorized DISH retailer regarding signing up for DISH services, despite being on the national Do Not Call Registry. Early last year, a jury found that the DISH retailer – Satellite Systems Network – placed over 51,000 illegal telemarketing calls to consumers on the national Do Not Call Registry between May 11, 2010 and August 1, 2011. The jury awarded the class action plaintiffs $400 per call, totaling nearly $20.5 million.
In May, a U.S. District Court judge increased the original jury award to $1,200 per call for a total of $61 million. The judge ruled that Dish was in willful violation of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) since they failed to monitor SSN’s telemarketing practices.
Dish currently has the right to appeal the verdict.
- 3/7/18: Payment form deadline
- Mail: Dish Network Class Action Claims Administrator, c/o KCC Class Action Services, PO Box 404017, Louisville, KY 40233-4017
- Phone: 1-866-650-3711
- Email: KrakauerLitigation@kccllc.com
- Brian A. Glasser and John W. Barrett of Bailey & Glasser LLP
- J. Matthew Norris of Norris Law Firm PLLC
- Matthew P. McCue of
- Edward A. Broderick and Anthony Paronich of Broderick & Paronich PC