Who is a Class Member
Anyone who purchased/leased a new 2014 Infiniti Q50 from an Infiniti dealer within the United States. Additional territories (District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, other recognized territories) are included.
- Cash Option: Up to $85
- Voucher Option: $500 value with potential for more.
- Counsel Fees: Up to $710,000
- Service Fees: Up to $5,000
- Out-of-Pocket Reimbursement: $90,000
Proof of Purchase
Class members must submit statements respective to claim type. All statements will be verified by Nissan North America.
08/14/2017: Exclusion Deadline
08/14/2017: Objection Deadline
09/11/2017: Fairness Hearing
01/09/2018: Claim Filing Deadline
- Zingerman v. Nissan North America, Inc. and Joshua Rafofsky v. Nissan North America, Inc.
- Case No. 1:14-cv-07835 and Case No. 2:15-cv-01848-AB-MAN
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
Class members of the Nissan North America InTouch class action lawsuit contend that Nissan’s infotainment system operated in a way that fell short of how it was advertised. The general failure to meet consumer expectations are limited to the 2014 Infiniti Q50 within this class. Nissan sustains that it is not liable for plaintiffs or the settlement class, but has settled litigation to the following terms:
- Cash Payment: Class members may opt unto a $30 cash payment. An additional $55 is available to anyone who can indicate the download of the Infiniti InTouch App prior to April 17, 2017. These claims will be verified by Nissan.
- Vouchers: Class members can choose a voucher to be used towards a future lease/purchase of a new Infiniti vehicle. The voucher will be worth a minimum $500 for a lease or $750 for a new purchase. Values will rise depending on the number of warrant services and feasibility of the distributions. Concerns will be addressed with the settlement administrator.
- Other Expenses: Class counsel will be awarded up to $710,000 while service fees ($5,000) and out-of-pocket expenses ($90,000).
Involved class members are represented by Ben Barnow (Barnow and Associates, P.C.). The defense will receive counsel from Peter J. Brennan (Jenner & Block LLP). Individuals have the opportunity to employ their own lawyer at their own expense.
Infiniti 2014 Q50 InTouch Settlement Administrator
PO Box 43486
Providence, RI 02940-3486
Email: Direct link on settlement website.