Who is a Class Member
You are included in the Wilson DeMarini White Steel Bat class action settlement if you purchased one or more new 13/14 White Steels from Wilson or an authorized dealer of Wilson in the United States from December 23, 2011 through June 6, 2018.
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlements you may be eligible for.
- Voucher for $35 or $85 depending on warranty claim
Class members who purchased a new 13/14 White Steel bat and completed a warranty claim with Wilson will receive a $85 Wilson Voucher.
Class members who initiated but did not complete the warranty process and provided Wilson with their contact information, proof of purchase and indicated the White Steel was the reason for their claim will also receive a $85 Wilson Voucher.
Class members who did not start or complete a warranty claim will receive a $35 Wilson Voucher as long as they can show proof of purchase.
Proof of Purchase
- You will need to provide documentation you purchased a White Steel bat, such as a receipt, credit card statement, pictures, or prior contact with Wilson regarding the softball bat.
Wilson DeMarini White Steel Bat Settlement Notes
- Hiroyuki Oda, et al. v. Wilson Sporting Goods Co.
- Case No. 8:15-cv-02131
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
In December 2015, several named plaintiffs filed this class action lawsuit against Wilson Sporting Goods asserting claims that Wilson’s Demarini White Steel softball bats were more prone to crack and break during normal use than other generations of the same bat model.
Specifically, the plaintiffs allege that the bats (known as the 13/14 White Steel bats) “fail prematurely due to common defects” that include the chemical composition of the steel, an improperly placed seam in the middle of the barrel, insufficient thickness of the wall, and Wilson’s lack of quality control. The lawsuit contends Wilson violated California and federal laws by failing to disclose the alleged defects with the softball bats and complying with its express warranty.
Wilson contends that the 13/14 White Steels were properly designed and manufactured, and that the vast majority of them did not fail prematurely, and denies all allegations. Complete details about the case and settlement are provided on the Wilson DeMarini White Steel Bat settlement website.
Class members who wish to object to or exclude themselves from the Wilson DeMarini White Steel Bat settlement must do so by August 20, 2018. Class members who wish to participate in the settlement must submit a claim form on or before August 20, 2018.
- 8/20/18: Claim Form Deadline
- 8/20/18: Objection or Exclusion Deadline
- 10/19/18: Final Hearing at 2:30 pm PT* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check www.WhiteSteelSettlement.com to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: Wilson-Demarini 2013/14 White Steel Bats Settlement, c/o KCC Class Action Services, P.O. Box 404000, Louisville, KY 40233-4000
- Phone: 1-877-468-0441
- Email: info@WhiteSteelSettlement.com
- Brian D. Chase and Jersusalem F. Beligan of Bisnar Chase LLP
- Jesse M. Bablove of Dickson Kohan & Bablove LLP