Who is a Class Member
You are a Class Member of the Normandin’s Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram, One Command Telemarketing Robocall Settlement “if you received a prerecorded message on one of the 8,313 telephone numbers OneCommand, Inc. called on behalf of Normandin’s on or after October 16, 2013.”
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlementsyou may be eligible for.
- $90 Normandin’s Voucher or $40 Cash
Proof of Purchase
- Class members will need to provide their Claim ID and PIN Code from their Settlement Notice.
Normandin’s Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram, One Command Telemarketing Robocall Settlement Notes
- Brinker, et al. v. Normandin’s, et al.
- Case No. 5:14-cv-03007-EJD-HRL
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California San Jose Division
Plaintiffs Alan Brinker, Austin Rugg, and Ana Sanders filed this class action lawsuit against Normandin’s Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram and One Command alleging violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act or TCPA.
Specifically the plaintiffs claim that the San Jose-based auto dealership, in partnership with automotive marketing and advertising company One Command, placed telemarketing robocalls to their cell phones for the purpose of advertising vehicle routine maintenance services, without their prior permission. These telemarking robocalls reportedly consisted of a prerecorded message stating their vehicle were overdue for service, but never stated for which vehicle.
The TCPA makes it unlawful to make any call, (other than for an emergency purpose or with the prior express consent of the recipient) using an robocall system, also known as an autodialer, to any cell phone number. For calls made on or after October 16, 2013, the law requires written prior express consent for prerecorded telemarketing or advertising phone calls. Prior written express consent means the recipient must agree, in writing, to receive telemarketing robocalls.
The Frequently Asked Questions section on the settlement website further summarizes the terms of the settlement and how Class Members can file a claim. Complete details are provided in the Settlement Agreement. The Settlement Agreement and other related documents are available on the Normandin’s Telemarketing Robocall Settlement website.
Class members who wish to exclude themselves or object to the terms of the Normandin’s Telemarketing Robocall Settlement must do so by February 13, 2018. Class members who wish to submit a claim for payment must do so by February 13, 2018.
- 2/13/18: Claim Filing Deadline
- 2/13/18: Objection or Exclusion Deadline
- 3/29/18: Final Approval Hearing at 10:00 am PT* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check the Normandin’s Telemarketing Robocall Settlement website to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: Normandin’s Settlement, c/o KCC Settlement Administrator, P.O. Box 404017, Louisville, KY 40233-4017
- Phone: 1-866-652-8142