Who is a Class Member
- CareCentrix Employee Data Breach Class Action Settlement Members include “all current and former employees of CareCentrix whose personal information was disclosed as a result of the E-mail Security Incident.”
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of otheryou may be eligible for.
- Up to $5,000
The CareCentrix Employee Data Breach settlement provides the following benefits:
- Cash reimbursement for Out-of-Pocket Losses up to $5,000 per individual for documented Out-Of-Pocket losses, including a minimum payment of $200 for claimants who experienced documented tax fraud fairly traceable to the E-Mail Security Incident.
- Free Credit Monitoring Services
- Free Identity Restoration Services
- Data Security Commitments by CareCentrix
Proof of Purchase
- To obtain Credit Monitoring Services or to file a claim for reimbursement of Out-of-Pocket Losses fairly traceable to the E-mail Security Incident, you will need to file a claim form and submit documentation regarding the costs and losses that you incurred.
CareCentrix Employee Data Breach Settlement Notes
- Hapka v. CareCentrix Inc.
- Case No. 2:16-cv-02372-KGG
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for District of Kansas
In March 2016, CareCentrix announced that it was targeted iby a “spoofing” scam, and released the 2015 Internal Revenue Service Wage and Tax Statements (W-2 Forms) of approximately 1,986 current and former CareCentrix employees to an unknown third party. The information contained on the W-2 Forms included employees’ full names, addresses and ZIP codes, dates of birth, wages, and Social Security Numbers.
Following this employee data breach, Plaintiff Sarah Hapka initiated a class action lawsuit on behalf of herself and other employees similarly affected by the security breach, against CareCentrix on grounds the company was negligent.
CareCentrix disputes these claims and does not admit any liability or wrongdoing of any kind but agreed to settle to avoid further litigation.
Class members who wish to exclude themselves or opt-out of the settlement must do so by Dec. 29, 2017. Class members who wish to submit a claim must do so by Jan. 29, 2018.
- 1/29/18: Claim Form Deadline
- 12/29/17: Exclusion or Objection Deadline
- 2/15/18: Final approval hearing at 1:00 pm CT (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
- Mail: CareCentrix Class Action Settlement, c/o Heffler Claims Group, PO Box 59419, Philadelphia, PA 19102-9419
- Phone: 1-844-528-0183
- Barrett J. Vahle of Stueve Siegel Hanson LLP