Who is a Class Member
- You are a Class Member if you have a Michigan street address and subscribed to a Trusted Media Brands, Inc. magazine between March 10, 2010 and July 30, 2016 for delivery to a Michigan address.
All magazines published by Trusted Media Brands, Inc. or one of its subsidiaries in the United States are covered by the Settlement and include but are not limited to: Reader’s Digest, Reminisce, Taste of Home, Simple & Delicious, The Family Handyman, Birds & Blooms, Country, Country Woman, Farm & Ranch Living, Fresh Home, Healthy Cooking, and/or Every Day with Rachael Ray.
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other open class action settlements you may be eligible for.
- $50 per claim (estimated)
NOTE: The amount of this payment will depend on how many of the Class Members file valid claims. Each Class Member who files a valid claim will receive a proportionate share of the Settlement Fund, which is estimated to be approximately $50.
Proof of Purchase
- Claimants must have a valid Michigan address.
Michigan Magazine Subscriber Privacy Settlement Notes
- Taylor v. Trusted Media Brands Inc.
- Case No. 7:16-cv-01812-KMK
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
Plaintiff Shannon Taylor filed the class action lawsuit in 2016 against Trusted Media Brands, Inc., the publisher of several magazines including Reader’s Digest, alleging the company violated Michigan state law by disclosing information related to its customers’ magazine subscriptions to third parties.
Specifically, Taylor and other class members claim they were “inundated with a barrage of unwanted junk mail and telephone solicitations” from telemarketers and direct mail advertisers because TMB sold their subscription information, including full names, home addresses, as well as information on their gender, religion, and political affiliations, without customers’ consent.
Trusted Media Brands denies it violated any laws but agreed to settle the class action lawsuit to avoid costs associated with ongoing litigation.
Class members who wish to exclude themselves or opt-out of the settlement must do so by Dec. 12, 2017. Class members who wish to submit a claim must do so by March 19, 2018.
- 3/19/18: Claim filing deadline
- 12/21/17: Opt out or exclusion deadline
- 12/21/17: Objection deadline
- 1/31/18: Final approval hearing at 10:00 am EST (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
- Mail: Magazine Subscriber Privacy Settlement Administrator, c/o Kurtzman Carson Consultants, PO Box 404038, Louisville, KY 40233-4038
- Phone: 1-855-200-6266
- Scott A. Bursor of Bursor & Fisher PA
1 thought on “Claim $50 Michigan Magazine Subscriber Privacy Class Action Settlement”
I am looking for information about payments from the class action settlement.
I sent my claim in December 8, 2017 at that time I put a new address in. Well that home in Florida was sold.
6233 Lowery Street. Lot# 611
Bushnell, Florida 33513
So back to our old address.
6315 Automobile Rd
Twin Lake, Mi. 49457