Note: This is an update to theClass Action Wallet first told you about in October. The settlement details and website are available and you can now submit your claim!
Who is a Class Member
Class members in the Burger King BOGO Croissan’wich settlement are defined as any Burger King customers in the United States who “purchased two or more modified CROISSAN’WICH® breakfast sandwiches (without egg, cheese and/or a meat) from a BKC restaurant, redeemed a BOGO coupon in connection with the purchase, and paid more than the amount that restaurant was charging at the time for a single, unmodified, higher-priced Croissan’wich® you ordered” between October 1, 2015 and May 19, 2017.
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlementsyou may be eligible for.
- $5 cash or $2 Burger King gift card
Proof of Purchase
- To receive a $5 cash payment, claimants must provide receipts demonstrating that during the applicable Class period, they purchased two modified BK Croissan’wiches using a BOGO coupon and were charged the full price. No proof of receipt is necessary to file a claim for the $2 Burger King gift card.
Burger King BOGO Croissan’wich Settlement Notes
- Koleta “Koko” Anderson v. Burger King Corporation
- Case No. 8:17-cv-01204
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
In May 2017, plaintiff Koleta “Koko” Anderson filed a class action lawsuit against Burger King Corporation, alleging the company charged a higher price for two Nurger King Croissan’wiches when customers redeemed a BOGO coupon than had the customer purchased a single Croissan’wich without a BOGO coupon.
Following the filing of Anderson’s complaint, Burger King investigation the matter and determined in part that Anderson’s allegations were correct in that some customers in multople states who special-ordered two BK Croissan’wiches without egg, cheese, and/or a meat and used a BOGO coupon at certain Burger King restaurants. Burger King blamed the use of a particular Point of Sale (POS) system for charging customers full price and rolled out software to update the POS system and provided detailed instructions for Burger King restaurants to follow when honoring the BOGO Croissan’wich coupons.
Under the terms of the Burger King BOGO Croissan’wich Settlement, Burger King will compensate eligible Class members with either a $5 cash payment or a $2 Burger King gift card. The Settlement Agreement and other related documents are available on theBurger King BOGO Croissan’wich settlement website.
Class members who wish to object to the terms of the Burger King BOGO Croissan’wich settlement must do so by March 13, 2018. Class members who wish to submit a claim for compensation must do so by January 29, 2018.
- 1/29/18: Claim Filing Deadline
- 3/13/18: Objection Deadline
- 4/3/18: Final Approval Hearing at 9:30 am ET* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check the Burger King BOGO Croissan’wich settlement website to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: Burger King Corporation Injunctive Relief Settlement, c/o KCC Claims Administrator, PO Box 404000, Louisville, KY 40233-4000
- Phone: 1-877-468-0436
- Stuart A. Davidson, Christopher Gold, and Roxana Pierce of Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP
- Steven D. Silverman and William Sinclair of Silverman Thompson Slutkin & White LLC