Who is a Class Member
The 3 Day Blinds Unwanted Text Messages class action lawsuit includes “all persons in the United States who, at any time beginning on and including October 27, 2013, to July 13, 2018, received at least one text message advertisement on their cellular phone from, on behalf of, or promoting 3 Day Blinds or its merchandise, and did not provide 3 Day Blinds their consent to receive such messages.”
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlements you may be eligible for.
Class Members who submit valid claim forms before the deadline of October 9, 2018, will receive a share of the $675,000 settlement fund. It is estimated that each Class Member will receive a cash payment of $45.
Proof of Purchase
- You will need to provide your Claim ID and Pin Number located on your Class Notice, along with the phone number you received the unwanted text messages.
3 Day Blinds Unwanted Text Messages Settlement Notes
- Kevin P. Etzkorn v. 3 Day Blinds LLC
- Case No. 4:17-CV-02836-JAR
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
Plaintiff Kevin Etzkorn filed this class action lawsuit against 3 Day Blinds alleging the company violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA). Specifically, the complaint states that 3 Day Blinds sent unwanted text messages to consumers cell phones for advertising purposes without their prior express consent. This unwanted text messages advertised in-home design consultations, customized window treatments, and more.
Under TCPA law, it is illegal to use an automatic telephone dialing system to deliver advertising text messages to individual cell phone numbers without prior express written consent.
3 Day Blinds’ denies all the allegations, however, they have agreed to settle the case to avoid further costs associated with ongoing litigation. Complete details about the case and settlement are provided on the 3 Day Blinds Unwanted Text Messages settlement website.
Class members who wish to object to or exclude themselves from the 3 Day Blinds Unwanted Text Messages settlement must do so by October 8, 2018. Class members who wish to participate in the settlement must submit a claim form on or before October 9, 2018.
- 10/9/18: Claim Form Deadline
- 10/8/18: Objection or Exclusion Deadline
- 10/22/18: Final Hearing at 10:00 am CT* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check www.3dbTCPASettlement.com to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: Etzkorn v 3 Day Blinds LLC Settlement Administrator, c/o KCC Class Action Services LLC, P.O. Box 404080, Louisville, KY 40233-4080
- Phone: 1-866-683-9607
- Neil Smith of The Smith Law Firm LLC