Who is a Class Member
- Class Members of the Golfland wage and hour class action settlement include “any and all current and former, non-exempt lifeguards employed by Golfland Entertainment Centers, Inc. in California, at any time between Sept. 14, 2012 and May 1, 2017.”
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other open class action settlements you may be eligible for.
Settlement payments will be dispersed on a pro-rata basis (each class member received an equal share), and the actual settlement payout may vary depending on the final costs of settlement administration, court, and attorneys’ fees.
Proof of Purchase
California Golfland Lifeguards Wage and Hour Settlement Notes
- Jackson Stovall v. Golfland Entertainment Centers Inc.
- Case No. 16-cv-299913
- Pending in the Superior Court of California, County of Santa Clara
Plaintiff Jackson Stovall initiated this class action lawsuit against Golfland on grounds the California entertainment services company’s wage and hour practices allegedly violate California law. Stovall, a former lifeguard for Golfland claims that Golfland failed to compensate for all hours worked, minimum wages, and overtime for hours spent training. He also contends Golfland failed to reimburse California lifeguards for required related expenses such as uniforms, failed to provide accurate payroll statements, and failed to pay all wages due upon termination or resignation, as required by California labor law.
Golfland denies each, every, and all allegations of Stovall’s complaint. Although the company denies these allegations, it has chosen to resolve the matter to avoid further litigation.
The court granted preliminary approval to the Golfland Lifeguards wage and hour class action settlement. Class members who wish to opt-out, object, or exclude themselves from the settlement must do so by Dec. 14, 2017. Class members who do not opt-out will automatically receive payment.
- N/A: Claim Form Deadline – Class Members who do not opt out of the Golfland settlement will automatically receive payment.
- 12/14/17: Opt-out, Exclusion, or Objection Deadline
- 2/9/18: Final Approval Hearing (Class Members do not need to attend the hearing to receive a piece of the settlement pie.)
- Mail: ILYM Group Inc., PO Box 2031, Tustin, CA 92781
- Phone: 1-888-250-6810
- Fax: 1-888-845-6185
- Email: claims@ILYMGroupClassAction.com