Who is a Class Member
You are a member of the Adore Organic Cosmetics Class Action Settlement if you “purchased, in the United States between September 29, 2012, and April 13, 2018, one or more of the following Adore Organic Innovation products marketed as containing a plant stem cell formula:
- CELLMAX Redefining Facial Cream
- CELLMAX Elite Facial Serum
- CELLMAX Superior Supplement Facial Thermal Mask
- Essence Facial Detoxifying Cleansing Cream
- Essence Facial Toner
- Essence Facial Milk
- Essence Facial Cleanser
- Snow White Facial Brightening Cream
- Dreams Multi Active Night Cream
- Performer Sculpting Neck Serum
- Essence Facial Serum
- Essence Facial Hydrating Cream – normal to oily skin
- Essence Facial Hydrating Cream – normal to dry skin
- Advanced Firming Eye Cream
- Advanced Firming Eye Serum
- Skin Tightening Instant Face Lift
- Golden Touch Magnetic Facial Mask
- Essence Facial Collagen Mask
- Golden Touch 24k Techno- Dermis Facial Mask
- Nourishing Hand and Body Lotion – Original
- Nourishing Hand and Body Lotion – Blossom
- Nature – Intensive Body Butter
- Spirit – Calming Body Butter
- Spirit – Calming Body Peeling Scrub
- Nature – Intensive Body Peeling Scrub”
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlementsyou may be eligible for.
- $25 Cash or up to $200 Gift Card.
Settlement Class Members who file a valid and timely claim with proof of purchase (i.e. receipts, etc.) can claim $25 in cash or a gift card valued at up to $200. Claimants who submit valid claims without proof of purchase can only receive a $50 e-gift card good at www.AdoreCosmetics.com.
Proof of Purchase
Adore Organic Cosmetics Settlement Notes
- Mollicone v. Universal Handicraft
- Case No. 1:17-cv-21468-RNS
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
In 2016, plaintiff Lisa Mollicone brought this class action lawsuit against Adore Organic Cosmetics alleging the products are falsely advertised and don’t provide any anti-aging benefits.
Specifically, Mollicone says that Adore Organic Cosmetics do not “halt the aging process” despite a comprehensive marketing campaign that their ‘exclusive Plant Stem Cell Formula’ is proven to restore youthful appearance by protecting your skin’s own stem cells and encouraging them to regenerate healthy texture.”
Moreover, the plant stem cells within the Adore Organic Cosmetics products are not “exclusive.” Instead, the “plant stem cells” in Adore Organic Cosmetics are really a proprietary ingredient called PhytoCellTec™ that is manufactured by Mibelle Biochemistry of Switzerland. PhytoCellTec™ is also an ingredient in several other cosmetics products, many of which are far less expensive than the super-premium Adore cosmetics, according to the complaint.
Worse yet, the lawsuit contends is that Adore Organic Cosmetics are being sold unlawfully. Reportedly, the FDA has warned the marketers of a similar cosmetics products containing PhytoCellTec that their products were considered to be an “Unapproved New Drug” in violation of the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetics Act.
Adore Organic Cosmetics denies it did anything wrong. Complete details about the case and settlement are provided on the Adore Organic Cosmetics settlement website.
Class members who wish to object to or exclude themselves from the Adore Organic Cosmetics settlement must do so by June 29, 2018. Class members who wish to participate in the settlement must submit a claim form on or before June 29, 2018.
- 8/21/18: Claim Form Deadline
- 7/2/18: Objection or Exclusion Deadline
- 8/10/18: Final Hearing at 8:30 am ET* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check https://PlantStemCellSettlement to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: Plant Stem Cell Settlement, c/o Classaura Class Action Administration,1718 Peachtree St #1080, Atlanta GA 30309
- Email: email@example.com