Who is a Class Member
You are included in the Venture Data, Public Opinion Survey Calls TCPA Class Action Settlement “if, on June 11, August 19, or September 9, 2014, Venture Data placed a call to your cellular telephone line, using the Pro-T-S or CFMC dialer, and as part of a Public Opinion Strategies survey.”
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlementsyou may be eligible for.
Your exact payout will depend on the number of valid claim forms submitted. Class Counsel estimate you will receive approximately $160 per claim before Court-approved deductions for costs, service payments, and attorneys’ fees—but this is only an estimate.
Proof of Purchase
- You will need to provide your Claimant Identification Number (on your individual settlement notice) or the phone number on which you received survey calls from Venture Data.
Venture Data, Public Opinion Survey Calls TCPA Settlement Notes
- Mey v. Venture Data LLC and Public Opinion Strategies, LLC
- Case No. 5:14-cv-123
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
In January 2016, plaintiff Diana Mey filed this class action lawsuit to enforce the consumer-privacy provision of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act – a federal statute enacted in 1991 in response to widespread public outrage about the increasing practice of nuisance telephone calls.
According to the TCPA complaint, Public Opinion Strategies directed Venture Data to place computer-dialed telephone calls to Mey and other Class members’ cell phones without prior express consent. Mey says that on August 19, 2014 she received a computer-generated autodialed call from a representative calling from Venture Data. During the call, the caller and her supervisor informed Mey that their computers “randomly” calls certain numbers using software.
What’s more is that many of the phone numbers autodialed, including Mey’s was registered on the national Do Not Call Registry. A person whose number is on the Do Not Call Registry, and who has received more than one telephone call within any twelve-month period in violation of the TCPA, can sue the violator and seek statutory damages.
The defendants deny any wrongdoing in this case. Complete details about the case and settlement are provided on the Venture Data, Public Opinion Survey Calls TCPA settlement website.
Class members who wish to object to or exclude themselves from the Venture Data, Public Opinion Survey Calls TCPA settlement must do so by June 11, 2018. Class members who wish to participate in the settlement must submit a claim form on or before June 11, 2018.
- 6/11/18: Claim Form Deadline
- 6/11/18: Objection or Exclusion Deadline
- 9/6/18: Final Hearing at 10:00 am ET* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check www.VentureDataClassAction.com to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: Venture Data Settlement, Settlement Administrator, P.O. Box 185, Claysburg, PA 16625
- Phone: 1-844-763-9230
- John W. Barrett, Jonathan R. Marshall, and Ryan Donovan of Bailey & Glasser LLP
- Edward A. Broderick and Anthony I. Paronich of Broderick Law, P.C.
- Matthew P. McCue of The Law Office of Matthew P. McCue