Who is a Class Member
- If you are a U.S. resident and received a fax advertisement from FleetOne LLC or Wex Inc. d/b/a Wex Fleet One between August 12, 2012 and October 6, 2017, you may benefit from this class action settlement.
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other open class action settlements you may be eligible for.
- Estimated amount any one class member could be as high as $1,500. Individual payments to qualified Class members who submit valid and timely claims will be a minimum of $33.28 and could reach $1,500.
- To ensure each qualified claimant receives their minimum payment, FleetOne has agreed to increase the settlement fund as needed up to a maximum of $1,060,000.00
Proof of Purchase
- Class members will need to submit a Claim Number, Control Number, and Verification Code located on their postcard notice. If a claimant’s settlement payment exceeds $600, an IRS Form W-9 may need to be submitted as well.
FleetOne Junk Fax Settlement Notes
- Swinter Group Inc. v. FleetOne LLC
- Case No. 1611-CC00730-01
- Pending in The Circuit Court of Missouri for the Eleventh Judicial Circuit County of St. Charles
Plaintiff Swinter Group Inc. filed this telemarketing class action lawsuit in August 2016 alleging FleetOne LLC violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) by sending unsolicited fax advertisements without the plaintiff’s consent. Additionally, the class action lawsuit contends that these junk faxes failed to contain an opt-out statement as required by federal law.
In 2005, the Junk Fax Prevention Act amended the TCPA to permit the sending of unsolicited fax advertisements to individuals and businesses with which the sender has an established business relationship and to provide a process by which any sender must cease sending such advertisements upon the request of the recipient. The statute requires the sender of fax advertisements must provide notice and contact information on the fax that allows recipients to opt out of future fax transmissions from the sender and requires senders to honor opt out requests within the shortest reasonable period of time, not to exceed 30 days.
FleetOne denies any actions of wrong doing but have agreed to $750,000.00 settlement pool in order to avoid further litigation.
Class members who file valid claims will be represented by Ronald J. Eisenberg from the law firm of Schultz & Associates LLP. Schultz & Associates can be reached at (636) 733-6647.
Class members who wish to exclude themselves from the lawsuit must notify the Claims Administrator in writing. All exclusion requests must be submitted to Swinter v. FleetOne c/o GCG, P.O. Box 9349, Dublin, OH 43017-4249, postmarked no later than January 4, 2018 (please include proper postage and the class members full name).
- 1/4/18: Objection deadline
- 1/4/18: Opt out or exclusion deadline
- 1/19/18: Settlement approval hearing at 9:00 a.m. CT (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie)
- 3/20/18: Claim form deadline
- Mail: Claims Administrator, Swinter v. FleetOne c/o GCG, P.O. Box 9349, Dublin, OH 43017-4249
- Phone: 1-888-648-8405
- Email: Not available