Who is a Class Member
You are a member of the Dentis USA Fax Advertisement Class Action Settlement if on or after September 16, 2012, through February 16, 2018, you were sent by or on behalf of [Dentis USA] a fax advertising the commercial availability or quality of any property, goods, or services, and
- did not give your prior express consent to receive these faxes;
- did not have an established business relationship with Dentis USA
- the fax did not have a clear opt-out notice on the first page; and
- lacked a phone number for sending the opt-out request
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlementsyou may be eligible for.
Settlement Class Members who file a valid and timely claim can receive a payment of at least $13.75 and, depending on the number of valid claims submitted, possibly up to $50.00. You can only make one claim.
Proof of Purchase
- You will need to provide the fax number at which you received the fax advertisements from Dentis USA.
Dentis USA Fax Advertisement TCPA Settlement Notes
- Degnen, D.M.D., P.C. d/b/a Sunset Tower Family Dentistry, et al. v. Dentis USA Corporation d/b/a Dentis USA,
- Case No.1611-CC00848-01
- Pending in the Missouri Circuit Court for the Eleventh Judicial Circuit, County of St. Charles
In 2016, plaintiff Suzanne Degnen filed a class action lawsuit alleging Dentis USA violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) by sending fax advertisements that did not contain the required opt-out notice and without prior express consent of Class members.
While the TCPA was initially enacted to protect consumers from annoying telemarketing calls, it also contains a provision known as the Junk Fax Protection Act. Much like the TCPA, the JFPA prohibits companies like Dentis USA from sending unsolicited fax advertisements to consumers without their prior express consent. Additionally, the law mandates that any fax advertisement must contain a clear and conspicuous opt-out notice on the first page of the ad and give a phone number or contact information so recipients can opt-out of receiving future faxes. These opt-out requests must be honored within a 30-day time period.
Dentis USA denies the allegations and disputes that their fax advertisements were sent without permission and without the required opt-out notice. Still, the company agreed to settle the case to avoid continued litigation. Complete details about the case and settlement are provided on the Dentis USA Fax Advertisement TCPA settlement website.
Class members who wish to object to or exclude themselves from the Dentis USA Fax Advertisement settlement must do so by April 27, 2018. Class members who wish to participate in the settlement must submit a claim form on or before June 1, 2018.
- 6/1/18: Claim Form Deadline
- 4/27/18: Objection or Exclusion Deadline
- 5/11/18: Final Hearing at 9:00 am CT* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check the Dentis USA Fax Advertisement TCPA Settlement website to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: Degnen-Dentis Settlement, c/o Dahl Administration, PO Box 3614, Minneapolis, MN 55403-0614
- Email: info@SunsetTCPASettlement.com
- Ronald J. Eisenberg of Schultz & Associates LLP