Who is a Class Member
- You are a Class Member if at any time between July 2012 and October 16, 2017, you received a text message from Peak Campus related to the commerical availability of property to which you did not consent.
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of otheryou may be eligible for.
- Up to $100 per claim
NOTE: The amount of this payment will depend on how many of the Class Members file valid claims. Each Class Member who files a valid claim is expected to receive an equal share of the Settlement Fund, however, the actual payment may be less than $100 depending on the number of claims filed.
Proof of Purchase
Peak Campus Text Spam Settlement Notes
- Truong v. Peak Campus Management LLC, et al.
- Case No. 2016-CH-9735
- Pending in the Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois, County Department, Chancery Division
Plaintiff William Truong filed the class action lawsuit in July 2016 against Peak Campus Management alleging the college apartment manager sent illegal text spam to him and thousands of others like him.
Truong claims that he initially received a text message from Peak Campus in October 2014 in which he was offered $200 to renew a lease at a PC property near the University of Illinois- Chicago. Truong contends he continued to receive Peak Campus text spam messages for weeks after and that the text advertisements violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act or TCPA because they “were sent en masse through the use of a short code without the prior express written consent” of the recipient.
Peak Campus denies it violated the TCPA or any similar laws but agreed to settle the class action lawsuit to avoid costs associated with ongoing litigation.
Class members who wish to exclude themselves or opt-out of the settlement must do so by Jan. 4, 2018. Class members who wish to submit a claim must do so by Jan. 4, 2018.
- 1/4/18: Claim filing deadline
- 1/4/18: Opt out or exclusion deadline
- 1/4/18: Objection deadline
- 1/24/18: Final approval hearing at 1:00 pm CT (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
- Mail: Peak TCPA Settlement, c/o KCC Settlement Administrator, PO Box 404000, Louisville, KY 40233-4000
- Phone: 1-866-677-0897