Who is a Class Member
You are included in the Brasscraft EZ-Flo Plumbing System class action settlement if “you own or have owned a Property Unit(s) located in the United States that contain or has ever contained a Covered Product manufactured up to ten (10) years before the Effective Date.”
- Property Unit means an individual residential or individual commercial property unit.
- An individual residential property unit is a single-family dwelling, including any single detached home or single attached home (such as a townhouse, co-op, or condominium) in which at least one of the property’s owners resides.
- An individual commercial property unit is any single family detached or attached home that is leased, rented or occupied by a tenant, renter or guest, and that is not continuously occupied by the owner(s); or any single unit in a building, structure or complex that is intended or used for commercial purposes (including those which are designed or provide for multiple unit occupancy, such as office buildings, hotels and apartment buildings).
For a list of Covered Products under this settlement, click here.
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlementsyou may be eligible for.
- $100 – $3,500
Proof of Purchase
- Along with your Claim Form, you will need to provide the following information:
- Property address
- Proof date of manufacture
- Supporting documentation, i.e. photos, affidavit, evidence of property damage
Brasscraft EZ-Flo Plumbing System Settlement Notes
- Houze v. BrassCraft Manufacturing Company, et al.
- Case No. BC493276
- Pending in the Superior Court of the State of California, County of Los Angeles
Plaintiffs Miles Houze, Susan Houze, Kevin Ngai, and Marcia Price brought this class action lawsuit alleging that Brasscraft’s EZ-Flo plumbing system is defective.
Specifically, the lawsuit contends that the plaintiffs and Class Members suffered damages from the reported defects of certain potable plumbing system components and sub-components constructed of yellow brass. Some of the damage reported as a result of the alleged defects include leaking and corrosion.
“Defendants were negligent in the design and manufacture of the BrassCraft Yellow Brass Products and EZ-Flo Yellow Brass Products for a number of reasons, including Defendants’ choice of a high zinc content brass alloy as the material used for their respective yellow brass products,” the complaint states.
EZ-Flo denies allegations and any wrongdoing or liability. The company maintains its products are high quality, are not defective, and do not violate any code or law. Complete details about the case and settlement are provided on the Brasscraft EZ-Flo Plumbing System settlement website.
Class members who wish to object to or exclude themselves from the Brasscraft EZ-Flo settlement must do so by February 11, 2019.
For Class members wishing to participate in the settlement, the claim form deadlines are as follows:
- For claims based on Exterior Meringue Deposits: No later than 1 year after the Effective Date of the Settlement Agreement.
- For claims based on Occlusions or Inoperable Valves: No later than 3 years after the Effective Date of the Settlement Agreement.
- For claims based on Leaks: Within the later of 3 years from the Effective Date or 7 years from the Date of Manufacture. In addition, for claims based on Leaks that occur after the Effective Date, a Claim Form and supporting documentation must be submitted within 1 year of the date of the leak.
Note: The Effective Date is the first day by which the Final Order and Judgment entered pursuant to the Settlement Agreement becomes final. An effective date has not yet been set.
- 1/2/19: Objection or Exclusion Deadline
- 3/8/19: Final Hearing at 10:00 am PT* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check the settlement website at www.EZ-FloSettlement.com to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: EZ-Flo Settlement Claims Administrator, c/o KCC Class Action Services, PO Box 404041, Louisville, KY 40233-4041
- Phone: 1-866-798-2031
- Email: info@EZ-FloSettlement.com
- Kenneth Kasdan, Graham LippSmith and Michael Turner of Kasdan Lippsmith Weber Turner LLP