Who is a Class Member
The Chippewa Boots Made in USA Class Action Settlement includes “all persons in California who purchased Chippewa Products between March 1, 2011 and June 30, 2017, which were represented were “handcrafted” or otherwise Made in U.S.A., even though the Products contained parts that were entirely or substantially manufactured outside of the United States.”
There are 65 specific boot models included in the settlement and a full list can be found in the Class Notice here.
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlementsyou may be eligible for.
- $25 Cash or $50 Voucher per qualifying product purchase
Class members who submit a valid and timely claim form can choose to receive either:
- One fully transferrable $50.00 promotional code or voucher (promo code) per qualifying product purchased which can be used toward the purchase of another Chippewa product; or
- A check in the amount of $25.00 per qualifying product purchased.
That means, if you purchased 3 pairs of Chippewa boots or other footwear listed in the Class Notice, you can received $75 cash or $150 promotion code/voucher.
Proof of Purchase
Chippewa Boots Made in USA Settlement Notes
- Marko Djoric v. Justin Brands Inc.
- Case No. BC574927
- Pending in Los Angeles Superior Court
This class action lawsuit arises from allegations that Justin Brands, owner of the Chippewa brand, misrepresented that its boots and other footwear were Made in USA, when in actuality, the boots were made from foreign parts. Falsely stating that your product in Made in USA is against the law in California.
Justin Brands admits to labeling its Chippewa boots as being Made in USA but denies that these were misrepresentations and maintain it did not violate California law. The company agreed to settle in order to avoid the cost of continued litigation. In addition to monetary compensation, Justin Brands will revise its Made in USA advertising and packaging on its Chippewa Boots and other products.
The Frequently Asked Questions section on the settlement website further summarizes the terms of the settlement and how Class Members can file a claim. Complete details are provided in the Settlement Agreement. The Settlement Agreement and other related documents are available on the Chippewa Boots Made in USA Settlement website.
Class members who wish to excludes themselves or object to the terms of the Chippewa Boots Made in USA Settlement must do so by July 9, 2018. Class members who wish to submit a claim must do so by September 7, 2018.
- 9/7/18: Claim Form Deadline
- 7/9/18: Objection or Exclusion Deadline
- 7/31/18: Final Hearing at 9:00 am PT* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check www.ChippewaMadeInUSASettlement.com to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: Djoric v. Justin Brands, Inc. Claims Administrator, c/o JND Legal Administration, PO Box 91306, Seattle, WA 98111
- Phone: 1-844-470-7974
- Email: info@ChippewaMadeinUSASettlement.com
- Gretchen Carpenter of Carpenter Law
- David C. Parisi and Suzanne Havens Beckman of Parisi & Havens LLP