Who is a Class Member
Class members of the Topson Downs California Wage & Hour Class Action Settlement includes any and all current and former employees of Topson Downs who were employed as hourly, non-exempt employees at any of the Defendant’s locations anywhere in California from September 16, 2012 through February 21, 2018, including temporary service employees and contract employees.
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlements you may be eligible for.
Your actual payment will be based on an equal share of the Net Settlement and the number of work weeks worked by all Class Members.
Proof of Purchase
Topson Downs California Wage & Hour Settlement Notes
- Griselda E. Moya v. Topson Downs of California, Inc.
- Case No. BC634191
- Pending in the Superior Court of the State of California for the County of Los Angeles
In September 2016, plaintiff and former employee Griselda Moya filed this class action lawsuit against Topson Downs alleging violations of California wage and hour laws, including failure to:
- provide meal and rest breaks
- pay regular, overtime, and minimum wages
- provide and keep accurate and complete wage statements
Topson Downs was established in 1971 and is considered an industry leader in fashion apparel manufacturing for branded and private label clothing. Their clothes can be found at popular retailers like Anthropologie, Charlotte Russe, Nordstrom, Target, Walmart, Kohl’s, Saks Fifth Avenue, Tilly’s, Wet Seal, Bon-Ton, Forever 21, JC Penney, Macy’s, Urban Outfitters, and more
Topson Downs denies all claims it violated California wage and hour laws but agreed to settle the class action lawsuit, concluding that further litigation would be expensive and divert management and employee time. Settlement documents can be viewed on the Topson Downs California Wage & Hour Settlement Website.
Class members who wish to opt out or object to the terms of the Topson Downs California Wage & Hour Settlement must do so by April 30, 2018. Class members who wish to dispute the information in their individual settlement notice must do so by April 30, 2018. Class members who wish to participate in the settlement do not need to do anything to receive payment.
- 4/30/18: Dispute Deadline
- 4/30/18: Objection or Opt-Out Deadline
- 7/6/18: Final Hearing at 8:30 am PT* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check www.cptgroup.com/TopsonDownsSettlement/ to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: CPT Group, Inc. 50 Corporate Park Irvine, CA 92606
- Phone: 1-888-384-1455
- Gregory A. Farley of Law Offices of Gregg A. Farley
- Sahag Majarian II of Law Offices of Sahag Majarian II