Who is a Class Member
Class members of the Tallahassee Dodge Text Message Spam TCPA Class Action Settlement includes “includes all persons in the United States who received one or more text messages sent by or on behalf of Tallahassee Dodge Chrysler Jeep between July 27, 2017 and July 31, 2017.
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlementsyou may be eligible for.
Settlement Class members who submit a valid claim will receive a pro rata share of the settlement fund. Your exact payment will depend on how many Settlement Class members submit Claim Forms. You may only submit one claim and receive one cash payment.
Proof of Purchase
- You will need to provide your Unique ID (on your individual settlement notice) or the phone number on which you received the unwanted text messages from Tallahassee Dodge.
Tallahassee Dodge Text Message Spam TCPA Settlement Notes
- Seth F. Masson v. Tallahassee Dodge Chrysler Jeep, LLC,
- Case No. 1:17-cv-22967-FAM
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
In August 2017, plaintiff Seth Mason brought this class action lawsuit against Tallahassee Dodge Chrysler Jeep alleging violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act. Specifically the complaint claims that in marketing its dealership, Tallahassee Dodge sent consumers automated text message spam without their prior express written consent and “little regard for their privacy”.
Court documents indicate the alleged text message spam Mason received was along the lines of: “Now-Monday Tallahassee Dodge giving 4.000 over book for trades, 0% fiancing, and 3.500 bonsu rebare on all new cars! Now taking appointments at 888-225-7841.”
It is violation of the TCPA to make any call (other than a call made for emergency purposes or made with the prior express consent of the called party) using an automated dialing system to a cell phones. Businesses that willfully violate the TCPA can be required to payout a minimum of $500 in damages for each spam text message or unsolicited telemarketing call. Additionally, companies that send telemarketing text messages need to provide an opt-out for customers to stop receiving messages.
Tallahassee Dodge Chrysler Jeep denies all legal claims in this case. . Complete details about the case and settlement are provided on the Tallahassee Dodge Text Message Spam TCPA settlement website.
Class members who wish to object to or exclude themselves from the Tallahassee Dodge Text Message Spam TCPA settlement must do so by April 6, 2018. Class members who wish to participate in the settlement must submit a claim form on or before May 22, 2018.
- 5/22/18: Claim Form Deadline
- 4/6/18: Objection or Exclusion Deadline
- 5/8/18: Final Hearing at 2:15 pm ET* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check www.tdtcpasettlement.com to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: Tallahassee Dodge Settlement Administrator, P.O. Box 6006, Portland, OR 97228-6006
- Phone: 1-844-551-1722
- Email: info@TDTCPASettlement.com
- Jeff Ostrow, Avi Kaufman, and Scott Edelsberg of Kopelowitz Ostrow Ferguson Weiselberg & Gilbert
- Manuel Hiraldo of Hiraldo Law PC