Who is a Class Member
You are included in the Guess? Co-Manager Wage & Hour Class Action Settlement if “if you worked for Guess? as a Co-manager anywhere in the United States (except California) between July 28, 2011 and September 1, 2014, or in New York state between July 28, 2008 and September 1, 2014.”
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlementsyou may be eligible for.
Your individual payout will depend on the number of weeks during the covered Class period.
Proof of Purchase
Guess? Co-Manager Wage and Hour Settlement Notes
- Marisol Russell, et al. v. Guess Inc.
- Case No. 01-14-0001-1865
- Pending in the American Arbitration Association
Five former employees of Guess? initiated this arbitration alleging that Guess? misclassified its Co-Managers and denied them overtime pay for any hours worked over 40 in a workweek.
Specifically, the plaintiffs maintain that “despite being paid a weekly salary, their primary duties as Co-Managers did not permit Guess? to treat Co-Managers as exempt from the FLSA requirement that employers pay workers overtime pay for hours worked over 40 in a workweek”.
Additionally, the complaint alleges that Guess? violated wage and hour laws under the Fair Labor Standards Act, New York Labor Law , New Jersey Wage and Hour Law, and Illinois Wage Laws.
Guess? denies the allegations and asserts that it properly classified its Co-Managers as exempt and compensated for all hours worked. Guess? further contends that it has complied with all state and federal labor laws. However, the company agreed to settle the case for $775,000.
Class members who wish to exclude themselves or object to the settlement must do so by June 25 2018. If you wish to participate in the settlement, you must submit a Claim Form no later than June 25, 2018.
- 6/25/18: Claim Form Deadline
- 6/25/18: Objection or Exclusion Deadline
- 9/21/18: Final Hearing at 9:30 am ET* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check www.RustConsulting.com/cases/russell-v-guess to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: Guess? Co-Manager Settlement Administrator c/o Rust Consulting, Inc., 6081 PO Box 54 Minneapolis, MN 55440-0054
- Phone: 1-800-827-9558
- Email: Administrator@guess-settlement.com
- Molly Brooks and Jared Goldman of Outten & Golden LLP
- Gregg Shavitz and Alan Quiles of Shavitz Law Group PA