Who is a Class Member
Class members of the Hustler Hollywood FACTA Credit Card Receipt Settlement include “all persons within the United States who (1) used a credit or debit card; (2) for a transaction at one of Defendant’s retail locations; and (3) were provided a point of sale receipt that displayed more than the last 5 digits of the card’s account number and/or the expiration date of the card; (4) from April 18, 2015 through February 26, 2018.”
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlements you may be eligible for.
Payouts will be distributed on a pro rata basis (equally) to eligible Class members who submit a timely and valid Affidavit Form.
Proof of Purchase
Hustler Hollywood FACTA Receipt Settlement Notes
- Wade Glenn Whitworth, Jr., et al. v. HH-Entertainment, Inc. d/b/a Hustler Hollywood
- Case No. 9:17-cv-80487-KAM-Civ (Marra
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Plaintiff Wade Glenn Witworth filed this class action lawsuit alleging Hustler Hollywood violated the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act by printing full credit card expiration dates and not truncating his credit number on customer purchase receipts.
Passed in 2003, FACTA is a law that protects consumers from having their credit or debit card information printed on their purchase receipts. The FTC gives an example of what a compliant FACTA credit or debit card receipt should look like:
- ACCT: ***********12345
- EXP: ****
Hustler Hollywood does not admit any violation of FACTA by agreeing to the proposed settlement. The Frequently Asked Questions section on the settlement website further summarizes the terms of the settlement and how Class Members can get a payout. Complete details are provided in the Settlement Agreement. The Settlement Agreement and other related documents are available on the Hustler Hollywood FACTA Settlement website.
Class members who wish to opt out or object to the terms of the Hustler Hollywood FACTA Settlement must do so by June 6, 2018. Class members who wish to participate in the settlement must submit an Affidavit Form by July 21, 2018.
- 7/21/18: Affidavit Form Deadline
- 6/6/18: Objection or Exclusion Deadline
- 7/6/18: Final Hearing at 9:00 am ET* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check www.HHFACTASettlement.com to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: HH-Entertainment Inc. Litigation, c/o Angeion Group, 1801 Market Street, Suite 660, Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Phone: 1-855-465-0349
- Email: HHEntertainment@AdministratorClassAction.com
- Manuel S. Hiraldo of Hiraldo Law PA
- Andrew J. Shamis of Shamis & Gentile PA
- Adam M. Ludwin of Ludwin Law Group PA