Who is a Class Member
You are member of the Global Tel*Link Unpaid Overtime Class Action Settlement “if you were employed by Global Tel*Link Corporation, Cooper Communications Group, Inc., or a subcontractor who provided Field Technicians to GTL in California from October 6, 2012 through December 31, 2017.”
Note: Past and current employees of Telmate LLC are not included in this settlement.
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlementsyou may be eligible for.
Each Class member who submits a valid and timely claim form are eligible to receive a payout. Your actual payout will depend on several factors, including:
- how many weeks you worked during the period covered by the settlement
- the job in which you worked; and
- how many other Class Members file Claim Forms before the deadline
You can look on your individual mailed Claim Form to see an estimate of the amount you might receive.
Proof of Purchase
Global Tel*Link Unpaid Overtime Settlement Notes
- Ortega, et al. v. Global Tel*Link Corporation, et al.
- Case No.BC636438
- Pending in the Superior Court of the State of California, County of Los Angeles
Plaintiffs Antonio Ortega and Ken Hagans filed this class action lawsuit against Global Tel*Link and Cooper Communications alleging five California wage and hour claims:
- Requiring Service Technicians to work overtime but failing to record or pay them proper overtime wages
- Failing to pay wages on time
- Failing to provide accurate itemized wage statements
- Failing to properly record work hours and meal breaks; and
- Failing to provide Service Technicians with meal breaks and failing to extra wages when not relieved for said meal breaks
Global Tel*Link denies the allegations and says their wage and hour policies are compliant with both state and federal labor laws. Complete details about the case and settlement are provided on the Global Tel*Link Unpaid Overtime Settlement website.
Just this week also, Class Action Wallet reported on another Global Tel*Link settlement. This settlement involved claims that Global Tel*Link violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act by using an automatic dialing system and prerecorded voice to place calls to cell phone numbers without the prior express consent of the recipient.
Class members who wish to exclude themselves or object to the settlement must do so by May 18, 2018. Class members who wish to participate in the settlement must submit a claim form by May 18, 2018.
- 5/18/18: Claim Form Deadline
- 5/18/18: Objection or Exclusion Deadline
- 7/20/18: Final Hearing at 10:00 am PT* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check PhoenixClassAction.com/ortega-v-gtl to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: Ortega, et al. v. Global Tel*Link Corporation, et al., c/o Phoenix Settlement Administrators, PO Box 7208, Orange, CA 92863
- Phone: 800-523-5773
- Fax: 949-209-2503
- Email: notice@PhoenixClassAction.com
- Allen Graves of The Graves Firm APC