Who is a Class Member
Class members of the Health Resources Solutions (HRS) class action settlement include “all persons who leased residential units from [DTLA Management] in California, including at 5th St. Loft, LLC, SB Spring, LLC, 6th St. Loft, LLC, Main SB, LLC, Vault Lounge, LLC, Manhattan Loft, LLC, and who were charged for cleaning, painting, and replacement of floor boards from September 24, 2009 through November 14, 2017, except those who were evicted pursuant to Civil Code § 1161 and any tenant who broke their lease during the Class Period.”
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlementsyou may be eligible for.
Each Class member who submits a valid and timely claim form will receive a pro rata (equal) share of the net settlement fund. Individual payouts will be determined based on claimant’s security deposits and the amount of the withholding from the security deposit compared to the total security deposit and withholding for all claimants.
Proof of Purchase
- In order to file a claim, Settlement Class members will need to provide their unique CPT ID and Passcode provided on their individual Class Notice.
DTLA Management Tenant Security Deposit Settlement Notes
- Dayse Macias and Andrew Macias, et al. v. DTLA Management, LLC, et al.
- Case No. BC 522339
- Pending in the Superior Court for the State of California, County of Los Angeles
In September 2013, plaintiffs Dayse and Andrews Macias filed this class action lawsuit against DTLA Management alleging the company routinely assessed charges against tenants’ security deposits for normal wear and tear upon termination of their tenancy – in violation for California law.
Specifically the complaint says that tenants were not given back their security deposits, and instead were charged for cleaning, painting, and replacement of floors boards upon moving out, even though there was no damage except for normal wear and tear.
DTLA Management denies any wrongdoing and any liability but agreed to settle the case for $700,000 to avoid further litigation. Complete details about the case and settlement are provided on the DTLA Management Tenant Security Deposit Settlement website.
Class members who wish to object to or exclude themselves from the DTLA Management Tenant Security Deposit Settlement must do so by April 16, 2018. Class members who wish to participate in the settlement must submit their claim form on or before April 16, 2018.
- 4/16/18: Claim Form Deadline
- 4/16/18: Objection or Exclusion Deadline
- 5/17/18: Final Hearing at 9:00 am PT* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check MaciasLoftSettlement.com to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: CPT Group Class Action Administrators, 50 Corporate Park, Irvine, CA 92606
- Phone: 1-866-201-8125
- Email: ClassMemberQuestions@cptgroup.com
- Joseph Lavi of Lavi & Ebrahimian LLP
- David M. deRubertis of The deRubertis Law Firm APC