Who is a Class Member
You are a member of the Parking Heater Indirect Purchaser class action lawsuit if:
You are a person or business (including resellers) that indirectly purchased a commercial vehicle that included an Espar- or Webasto-branded Parking Heater or you bought a Parking Heater on its own from an entity other than Espar or Webasto;
Your purchase was made anytime from October 1, 2007 through December 31, 2012;
Your purchase was made in the United States; and
Your Parking Heater was not purchased directly from Espar or Webasto.
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlements you may be eligible for.
Settlement payments will be made on a pro rata basis (equal), or distributed proportionately based on the number of valid claims filed and the number of Espar- and Webasto-branded Parking Heaters each claimant purchased.
Proof of Purchase
Parking Heater Indirect Purchaser Settlement Notes
- In re: Parking Heaters Antitrust Litigation
- Case No. 1:15-mc-00940-DLI-JO
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
This multi-district litigation (consolidated class action lawsuits) claim that Espar and Webasto participated in a conspiracy to fix the price of parking heaters, which allegedly resulted in increased prices for individuals and businesses.
These parking heaters include any type of parking heater sold for use in commercial vehicles (including certain trucks, agricultural and construction equipment, and buses) to keep the vehicle warm even if the vehicle’s engine is not operating.
The defendants deny all claims. Complete details about the case and settlement are provided on the Parking Heater Indirect Purchaser settlement website.
Class members who wish to object to or exclude themselves from the Parking Heater Indirect Purchaser settlement must do so by December 1, 2018. Class members who wish to participate in the settlement must submit a claim form on or before February 1, 2019.
- 2/1/19: Claim Form Deadline
- 12/1/18: Objection or Exclusion Deadline
- 1/9/19: Final Hearing at 8:30 am PT* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check the settlement website at www.IndirectParkingHeaterSettlement.com to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: Parking Heaters Indirect Claims Administrator – 6065, c/o Rust Consulting, P.O. Box 44, Minneapolis, MN 55440-0044
- Phone: 1-877-506-4033
- Francis O. Scarpulla and Patrick B. Clayton of Law Offices of Francis O. Scarpulla
- Josef D. Cooper, Tracy R. Kirkham, John D. Bogdanov of Cooper & Kirkham PC