Who is a Class Member
The McIlhenny Tabasco Made in USA Class Action Settlement includes “all retail consumers who made purchases in California of any McIlhenny Company products, including but not limited to pepper sauces, condiments, jellies and giftware, over a period beginning four years prior to September 15, 2015 up to March 19, 2018.”
Note: McIlhenny Company products include but is not limited to products manufactured or sold by McIlhenny as well as products bearing its name that were manufactured for or under license from McIlhenny.
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlements you may be eligible for.
- $2.50 Cash without proof of purchase or Full Cash Refund with proof of purchase
Class members who submit a valid and timely Claim Form, will receive benefits as follows:
- Cash payment of $2.50 without the need to present a receipt; or
- Cash payment equal to the amount of all purchases of Tabasco brand products during the Class period for which proof of purchase is submitted.
Proof of Purchase
- N/A. However, if you do not submit proof of purchase, you can only receive a one-time $2.50 cash payout. If you provide proof of purchase, then you can claim a full refund for each product purchased.
McIhenny Tabasco Made in the USA Settlement Notes
- Iraj Dowlatshahi v. McIlhenny Company
- Case No. 30-2017-009911222-CU-NP-CXC
- Pending in the Superior Court of California, County of Orange
This class action lawsuit arises from allegations that McIlhenny Company unlawfully labeled its Tabasco brand products and condiments as being “Made in the USA” when they actually contain foreign-sourced ingredients.
McIlhenny denies that it did anything wrong but agreed to settle in order to avoid the cost of continued litigation. In addition to monetary compensation, McIlhenny has made changes to its packaging, labeling and promotional materials of its Tabasco brand products.
Complete details are provided in the Settlement Agreement. The Settlement Agreement and other related documents are available on the McIlhenny Tabasco Made in USA Settlement website.
Class members who wish to excludes themselves or object to the terms of the McIlhenny Tabasco Made in USA Settlement must do so by June 18, 2018. Class members who wish to submit a claim must do so by June 18, 2018.
- 6/18/18: Claim Form Deadline
- 6/18/18: Objection or Exclusion Deadline
- 8/29/18: Final Hearing at 1:30 pm PT* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check www.McIlhennySettlement.com to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: Dowlatshahi v. McIlhenny Settlement Administrator, Kurtzman Carson Consultants, P.O. Box 404054, Louisville, KY 40233-4054
- Phone: 1-866-629-1057
- Abbas Kazerounian and Mona Amini of Kazerouni Law Group APC
- Joshua B. Swigart of Hyde & Swigart APC