Who is a Class Member
The Aggrenox Generic Drug Delay Antitrust Class Action Settlement consists of two Classes:
- “From November 30, 2009 through December 22, 2017, you purchased or paid for some or all of the purchase price for Aggrenox and/or its generic versions in the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Arizona, California, Colorado, District of Columbia, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wisconsin, for consumption by yourself or your family.”
Third Party Payor (TPP) Class:
- “From November 30, 2009 through December 22, 2017, you purchased, paid and/or reimbursed for some or all of the purchase price for Aggrenox and/or its generic versions in the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Arizona, California, Colorado, District of Columbia, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon1 , Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wisconsin, for consumption by your members, employees, insureds, participants, or beneficiaries.”
Note: No one is claiming that Aggrenox or its generic equivalent is unsafe or ineffective.
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlements you may be eligible for.
Your individual payout will be based on a number of factors, including the number of valid claims filed by all Settlement Class Members and the dollar value of each member of the Class’ purchase(s) in proportion to the total claims filed.
Proof of Purchase
- Claimants will need to provide the number of prescriptions purchased and total amount of their out-of-pocket costs for purchases or reimbursement of Aggrenox or generic versions.
Note: The Claims Administrator may require you to show proof of payment such as receipts or credit card statements to verify the information on your claim form.
Aggrenox Antitrust Settlement Notes
- In re Aggrenox Antitrust Litigation
- Case No. 3:14-md-2516-SRU
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut
This class action lawsuit centers on the price of Aggrenox and whether its manufacturer, Boehringer Ingelheim purposely delayed the release of a less-expensive generic version of the anticoagulant drug. Reportedly, Boehringer colluded with Barr (acquired by Teva) to unlawfully settle Aggrenox patent lawsuits. These actions led to consumers and third party purchasers to pay higher prices for Aggrenox then had a generic version been made available.
Boehringer and Teva deny the allegations and maintain they by settling the patent lawsuits they did not violate antitrust or consumer protection laws. Furthermore, the defendants assert these actions never caused any delay of the release generic Aggrenox into the market.
Again, no one is claiming that Aggrenox or its generic equivalent is unsafe or ineffective.
Complete details are provided in the Settlement Agreement. The Settlement Agreement and other related documents are available on the Aggrenox Antitrust Settlement website.
Class members who wish to excludes themselves or object to the terms of the Aggrenox Antitrust Settlement must do so by May 11, 2018. Class members who wish to submit a claim must do so by September 14, 2018.
- 9/14/18: Claim Form Deadline
- 5/11/18: Objection or Exclusion Deadline
- 7/19/18: Final Hearing at 1:00 pm ET* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check www.InReAggrenoxAntitrustLitigation.com to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: Aggrenox Settlement, c/o A.B. Data Ltd., P.O. Box 173046, Milwaukee, WI 53217
- Phone: 1-800-494-2165
- Email: info@InReAggrenoxAntitrustLitigation.com
- Renae Steiner of Heins Mills & Olson PC
- Marvin A. Miller of Miller Law LLC
- Steven Shadowen of Hilliard & Shadowen LLP
1 thought on “$54M Aggrenox Generic Drug Antitrust Class Action Settlement”
since being on Aggrenox I have experienced a significant weight loss and constantly have a poor appetite . also the pain in the weight bearing joints, arms, sternum, upper extremities, head, and the entire chest and the back of my head that radiates to down the spinal cord to my lower back. Since being on this medication I sleep approximately 2-3 hours a night d/t pain. once I was out of this medication for d/t not being financially able to purchase it because it is(so expensive) during this time I did not experience any joint pain. Also I have had a stroke and two (2) heart attacks since being on Aggrenox. Aggrenox has made it difficult for me to ascertain whether I am having pain d/t CHF or not. My respiration has been compromised ; daily I experience SOB. IT IS TIME TO LISTEN TO THE PATIENT WHEN IT COMES TO THESE SIDE EFFECTS. ESPECIALLY WHEN T HIS MEDICATION CAUSE YOU TO HAVE TROUBLE WITH SWALLOWING AS IF YOUR THROAT IS BECOMING PARALYZE!