Who is a Class Member
You are included in the Lumber Liquidators Laminate Flooring class action settlement “if you are a person in the United States who purchased Chinese-made laminate flooring (“Class Flooring”) from Lumber Liquidators between January 1, 2009 and May 31, 2015.”
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlementsyou may be eligible for.
The Settlement provides 3 possible benefits to class members, depending on which Class you fall into:
CARB2/Durability Class (purchases of Class Flooring from January 1, 2011 to May 31, 2015): Eligible class members can receive a portion of their purchase price (excluding installation and labor costs) back in cash, or a store credit voucher that can be used at Lumber Liquidators. Class members selecting the cash award may expect to receive about 20% – 56% of the purchase price of their flooring—this does not include the cost of installation. Class members selecting to receive a voucher can expect 38% -104% of their purchase price.
CARB1 Class (purchases of Class Flooring from January 1, 2009 to December 31, 2010): Eligible class members who file a timely and valid claim can receive a payment of up to $50. There is no store credit voucher option for this Class. If eligible claims exceed $1.0 million such that funds are insufficient to pay eligible CARB1 Claimants $50 each, the award will be allocated on a pro rata basis: this means the final amount each participant receives will be reduced if too many claimants participate.
Both Classes (purchasers of Class Flooring during both the time periods): Class Members who made purchases of the laminate flooring in both the CARB1 and CARB2/Durability time periods are eligible to participate in both settlement classes.
Proof of Purchase
- You will need to provide proof that you purchased the Chinese-made laminate flooring from Lumber Liquidators between January 1, 2009 through May 31, 2015.
Lumber Liquidators Laminate Flooring Settlement Notes
- In re: Lumber Liquidators Chinese-Manufactured Laminate Flooring Products Marketing, Sales Practices and Products Liability Litigation, Case No. 1:15-md-02627 (AJT)
- In re: Lumber Liquidators Chinese-Manufactured Laminate Flooring Durability Marketing and Sales Practices Litigation, Case No. 1:16-md-02743 (AJT)
- Both pending in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, Alexandria Division
The Lumber Liquidators laminate flooring settlement resolves two class action lawsuits, alleging that the Chinese-made laminate flooring sold by Lumber Liquidators had illegal levels of formaldehyde. Exposure to high levels of formaldehyde can cause respiratory problems, irritation of the eyes, nose, throat, and can increase the risk of cancer.
Since 2015, a number of Lumber Liquidator flooring lawsuits have been filed following a 60 Minutes segment that inspired several federal investigations into whether the laminate flooring contained harmful amounts of formaldehyde. Lumber Liquidators stopped selling the Chinese-made laminate flooring and paid a $2.5 million fine. The company also continues to provide air quality testing kits to consumers who had the laminate flooring in their homes.
It is estimated more than 700,000 people purchased the laminate flooring. Complete details about the case and settlement are provided on the Lumber Liquidators Laminate Flooring settlement website.
Class members who wish to object to or exclude themselves from the Lumber Liquidators Laminate Flooring settlement must do so by September 4, 2018. Class members who wish to participate in the settlement must submit a claim form on or before October 13, 2018.
- 10/13/18: Claim Form Deadline
- 9/4/18: Objection or Exclusion Deadline
- 10/3/18: Final Hearing at 10:00 am ET* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check www.LaminateSettlement.com to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: Laminate Settlement, Settlement Administrator – Angeion Group, 1801 Market Street, Suite 660, Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Phone: 1-855-728-9632
- Email: LaminateSettlement@AdministratorClassAction.com
- Cohen Milstein Sellers & Toll PLLC
- Cotchett Pitre & McCarthy LLP
- Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP
- Robertson & Associates LLP
- Whitfield Bryson & Mason LLP
- Ahdoot & Wolfson PC