Who is a Class Member
The Lyft Prime Time class action settlement includes “all current and former drivers who gave at least one ride to a passenger in California during a Prime Time period between August 18, 2014 and April 7, 2017, for which Lyft has not refunded the amount of its commission on the Prime Time Premium, excluding “Lyft Line” rides and other rides where the Lyft mobile smartphone application did not display a Prime Time “pop-up” of the type alleged in this case.”
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlementsyou may be eligible for.
Your exact payment will depend on how many Prime Time rides you gave during the Class period.
Proof of Purchase
- You will need to provide the your Claimant ID Number. If you do not have one, please contact the Settlement Administrator.
Lyft Prime Time Settlement Notes
- Alex Zamora, et al. v. Lyft Inc.
- Case No. 3:16-cv-02558-VC
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
In May 2016, plaintiff Alex Zamora filed this class action lawsuit against Lyft asserting various Prime Time related claims on behalf of Lyft drivers nationwide. Specifically, Zamora alleges hat Lyft improperly charged commissions on “Prime Time” premiums added to fares during periods of high demand and that, as a result violated various wage and hour laws and contracts. Additionally, the Lyft class action lawsuit claims Lyft improperly classified drivers who gave rides in California as independent contractors rather than employees.
Lyft denies that it improperly charged commissions and argues it complied with all applicable wage and hour federal, state, and local laws and regulations at all times Complete details about the case and settlement are provided on the Lyft Prime Time settlement website.
Class members who wish to object to or exclude themselves from the Lyft Driver settlement must do so by August 24, 2018. Class members who wish to participate in the settlement must submit a claim form on or before September 20, 2018.
- 9/20/18: Claim Form Deadline
- 8/24/18: Objection or Exclusion Deadline
- 9/20/18: Final Hearing at 1:30 pm PT* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check www.LyftClassActionSettlement.com to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: Lyft Class Action Settlement, Settlement Administrator, c/o Rust Consulting Inc. – 6069, P.O. Box 54, Minneapolis, MN 55440-0054
- Phone: 1-877-310-0486
- Email: info@LyftClassActionSettlement.com
- Jahan C. Sagafi and Rachel Bien of Outten & Golden LLP