Who is a Class Member
You are a Class member of the Eddie Bauer Illegal Phone Call Recording Class Action Settlement if “during the period from July 1, 2014 through January 13, 2015, while physically located in California, you called and spoke with a representative of Eddie Bauer and did not consent to the call being recorded.”
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlements you may be eligible for.
Once attorneys’ fees, settlement administration costs, and service payment to the class representative are deducted, the remaining amount will be divided up equally among all Class Members who submit timely and valid claim forms.
Proof of Purchase
- Class members will need to provide their unique Claim ID and PIN Code printed on their official settlement postcard notice. If you do not have a Claim ID/PIN, but believe you are entitled to benefits under the settlement, you can click here to file a claim online.
Eddie Bauer Illegal Phone Call Recording Settlement Notes
- Yevgenia Granina v. Eddie Bauer LLC
- Case No. BC569111
- Pending in the Superior Court for the State of California, County of Los Angeles
Plaintiff Yevgeia Granina filed this class action lawsuit against Eddie Bauer alleging the company illegally recorded consumer telephone calls without providing notice and without obtaining caller consent to record the calls, directly violating California’s Invasion of Privacy Act.
Specifically, Granina alleges that on December 4, 2014 and on December 10, 2014, she had telephone communication with live representatives of Eddie Bauer while using a cell phone. Granina asserts that these phone conversations were secretly recorded by Eddie Bauer without notice or her consent. Moreover, during these calls, Granina says she disclosed sensitive personal identifying information and confidential financial information.
Eddie Bauer denies any liability or wrongdoing of any kind associated with the claims in this illegal phone call recording class action. Complete details about the case and settlement are provided on the Eddie Bauer Illegal Phone Call Recording Settlement website.
A similar illegal phone call class action lawsuit against Canadian-based Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (FHRI) was recently settled for $3.5 million. That lawsuit also alleged violation of California laws that prohibit recording phone conversations without the consent of all parties.
Class members who wish to exclude themselves or object to the terms of the Eddie Bauer Illegal Phone Call Recording Settlement must do so by March 22, 2018. Class members who wish to participate in the settlement must submit their claim form on or before March 22, 2018.
- 3/22/18: Claim Form Deadline
- 3/22/18: Objection or Exclusion Deadline
- 4/23/18: Final Hearing at 9:00 am PT* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check www.GraninaClassActionSettlement.com to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: Granina Settlement Claims Administrator, c/o Kurtzman Carson Consultants, P.O. Box 404041, Louisville, KY 40233-4041
- Phone: 1-866-653-4618
- Email: info@GraninaClassActionSettlement.com
- Zev B. Zysman of The Law Offices of Zev B. Zysman, APC